+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7290Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Gut, that's great! If you really want to sell, in today's market, I would take the money and run. They sound like very excited buyers and you wouldn't want to chase them away or give them time to start "nitpicking" and to top it off, they are willing to let you stay and finish out the school year.
    Good karma working for you.

Oh I forgot about the FORT retirement home.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Gut, that is GREAT news! How exciting. Sold the house, moving, cash buyers. The start of a whole new life.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

It is all very exciting. We signed the second round of papers today (intent to purchase?) and it seems like a done deal. So now I need to make the big push to finish getting my STUFF out. My neighbor who is selling it offered to help me fill up a dumpster after my daughter has moved back from St. Thomas (this coming week) and taken what she wants. He says he understands how difficult it is to throw away your own stuff you have irrational "attachments" to but won't miss when it's gone. For those of you who know about the St. Joseph trick to help you sell a house, I saved the Joseph out of the creche that I took to my mom's but couldn't bring myself to bury him upside down in the garden. I left him out on the kitchen counter under a vase of daffodils and under his watchful eye while I was gone, the house was shown and sold. I am still really tired today, but need to make one more trip to the free room at the dump to get rid of some tents.
    Count your blessings!

congrats on the sale of the house Gut! That's great news!

Oh Gut, our retirement home is that much closer! I'll have to start playing the piano again! I'm bringing a banjo, mandolin, ukelele, guitar and piano. We'll make music!!

I played the piano while I was home. I brought all my music back with me.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

So, you brought more "junk" back to the house that you're trying to clean out? Aren't you just going to have to take it back again?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

On May 15th, I'm participating in San Diego's first (and hopefully annual) Kidney Walk in order to raise money to benefit the National Kidney Foundation and the people it helps. I'm walking in honor of my husband Dave, who had a kidney transplant more than 23 years ago and is still (in spite of some challenges) going strong! Keep me in your positive thoughts and prayers, because with fibromyalgia and a temperamental knee, this walk will be a personal challenge. My personal goal (in addition to completing the walk!) is to raise at least $200.

If you'd like to be one of my sponsors, please follow this link to my Kidney Walk page:
    National Kidney Foundation

[Mods: if this isn't an appropriate place to post this, no hard feelings if you remove it. But please let me know where the appropriate place would be, as I've sponsored another FORTer on a fundraising walk in response to a FORT post. But I don't remember where it was. Thanks!]
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3886636;
    So, you brought more "junk" back to the house that you're trying to clean out? Aren't you just going to have to take it back again?
    No, I filled a rental cargo van with STUFF and took it to my mom's house... including my sheet music.
    Ellen - good luck on your walk! That's great that your husband has done so well with his transplant.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread