+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6176Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3878796;
    I stay away for the DVP, if I can help it!
    Totally with you on avoiding the DVP. I don't drive, but I get quite snippy with Mr. Rattus when he insists upon taking the DVP. I also get that same snippiness regarding the QEW. I've heard that the greater Toronto area has the busiest highway system in North America and I am not remotely surprised. At any rate, I would rather take surface routes. They may not be any faster than a gridlocked highway, but at least there are things to look at, and you can stop if you want to get something to eat, go to the washroom or buy that really cool looking chair in the antique store window .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I also do my taxes as soon as I have all of the information, but we typically get a refund so it makes sense for us to do it right away. We have been e-filing for several years now. I love the convenience, but my gripe is the charge. It seems to me that it saves money in the long run for the IRS when we e-file and they have less paper to deal with. They are constantly pushing people to e-file, so why the charge? More people would be willing to go that route if it was free.

ETA - I am a few days on the bee pollen in addition to my Zyrtec and I am definitely feeling the improvement!! Of course there is no way to tell definitively if the bee pollen is helping or if pollen in the air is decreasing, but my greatest concern is that I no longer feel like I am going to scratch my eyes out of my head!!!
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 04-19-2010 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3880300;
    I also do my taxes as soon as I have all of the information, but we typically get a refund so it makes sense for us to do it right away. We have been e-filing for several years now. I love the convenience, but my gripe is the charge. It seems to me that it saves money in the long run for the IRS when we e-file and they have less paper to deal with. They are constantly pushing people to e-file, so why the charge? More people would be willing to go that route if it was free.
    I'm one of those. I'm absolutely not paying for the privilege of filing my taxes electronically. A stamp, fine. More than that, no.

I've never paid extra for e-filing.
    I've been doing it that way since its inception.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Which site? I checked a few, qualified for none, and gave up. I might give it a shot next year if it's free.

I'm making a loooong (12 hour) drive tomorrow in a rented cargo van infinitely different from the small sports car I'm used to driving. If anyone has a prayer to spare, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
    Count your blessings!

You got it Gutmutter!

MRD

You got it Gut. Be safe and let us know when you get there or get home so we know you made is safely.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm getting the nervous breakdown from trying to get the battery compartment to my new cellphone open.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3880660;
    I'm making a loooong (12 hour) drive tomorrow in a rented cargo van infinitely different from the small sports car I'm used to driving. If anyone has a prayer to spare, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

You've got my thoughts and my prayers. Safe journey!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread