+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6179Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

  1. #14911
    FORT Fogey GuardianAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niagara Falls Canada
    Posts
    4,586

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Rattus, I'm in Ontario but close to the Buffalo boarder so there are Targets close to me. Leslieville in AB or Toronto Ontario area? Must be now that I look again, AB has a population of 250.

    There's not doubt about it, WalMart certainly kills the downtown of any city or most cities that I know of.

    I just got a talking to the other day about WalMart. My optomitrist gave me cr*ppola about wearing contacts that I purchased from WalMart. He said why would you buy products from someone who doesn't care about your vision, the only thing they care about is to sell the product?

    Because its convenient, we get caught up in the convenience of everything, it was easier to go in there and get some rather than making an appointment with the eye doctor waiting a few days etc. I've been going to him for years, but he put me in my place. I'll never do it again!!! :nono He's downtown.

  2. #14912
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3877143;
    MRD,
    It looks lovely. I'm jealous.

    My city qualifies as the one most congested at any time of the day or night!
    It doesn't show well in that size photo. But they used different color glow sticks to spell out Google. The bigger size photo is pretty cool.
    And main street stays congested, but it's only 2 lanes and it's where EVERYTHING is and forget trying to get parking. We have a really nice downtown.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  3. #14913
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,911

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3877218;
    Rattus, I'm in Ontario but close to the Buffalo boarder so there are Targets close to me. Leslieville in AB or Toronto Ontario area? Must be now that I look again, AB has a population of 250.
    We're in the Toronto Leslieville. It's technically part of south Riverdale (the neighbourhood borders are all a little amorphous round these parts), which if you've spent any time here at all you will know as the area between the Beaches and the Don Valley.

    By the by, Mr. Rattus, the truckdriver, is in Niagara Falls nearly every day of the week. If you've been in a drug store on a week day at any point over the past thirty years, you've probably run into him .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  4. #14914
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,179

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    After having been shamed, by one of my fellow posters, into taking my allergy meds everyday when I complained about a side effect (my dry skin, I think) I must say that I am glad that I yielded to her "unwanted" advice. I've found that taking it everyday, symptoms or not, has allowed me to feel so much better than I would have, otherwise, in this allergy season of HELL...and my ears AREN'T STUFFY anymore!!! Thanks to whomever that person was! You're my hero!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  5. #14915
    Go Donny! Gutmutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Big Brother house
    Posts
    13,114

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    pet peeve!!!!! I did my daughter's state tax today because it was more complicated than my other kids' (I did all of their state and federals a few days ago). I finally got it done and went to the post office and it was closed!!!!!! I thought post offices stayed open late on April 15. What the heck?!?! I posted it outside in the box. Maybe some kindly postal worker will hand stamp it with today's date.
    Count your blessings!

  6. #14916
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Among the flowers
    Posts
    1,403

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3877951;
    pet peeve!!!!! I did my daughter's state tax today because it was more complicated than my other kids' (I did all of their state and federals a few days ago). I finally got it done and went to the post office and it was closed!!!!!! I thought post offices stayed open late on April 15. What the heck?!?! I posted it outside in the box. Maybe some kindly postal worker will hand stamp it with today's date.
    Gutmutter -- you are what your name says....a good mother. As for the postoffices, I think only the big main branches stay open late on tax day. Anyhow, that has been my experience. We too waited until almost the last minute. Won't do that next year.....I want my refund!!!!!

  7. #14917
    FORT Fogey justCoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,955

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3877951;
    pet peeve!!!!! I did my daughter's state tax today because it was more complicated than my other kids' (I did all of their state and federals a few days ago). I finally got it done and went to the post office and it was closed!!!!!! I thought post offices stayed open late on April 15. What the heck?!?! I posted it outside in the box. Maybe some kindly postal worker will hand stamp it with today's date.
    In our town they were saying only the big main post office was going to be stamping the mail until midnight. And it wasn't staying open, it was still just the drop boxes out back. Our main post office usually collects mail from the boxes they mentioned until 7 or 8. One radio station said it was just until shortly before midnight, the other said until 11:59. I don't believe I'd take chances!

    I believe they used to stay open more, but since the USPS has been losing money lately they've not been doing that. I remember an old boyfriend's mother talking about driving in the line late at night to get hers stamped. When she said it it sounded like a person was there actually taking the mail.

  8. #14918
    FORT Fogey Lil Bit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Iowa
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,394

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    In Iowa, state tax returns aren't due until April 30. Federal is due April 15 of course.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

  9. #14919
    Trouble in my life just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In Ms. Troubles life and apartment
    Age
    56
    Posts
    9,544

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;3878123;
    In our town they were saying only the big main post office was going to be stamping the mail until midnight. And it wasn't staying open, it was still just the drop boxes out back. Our main post office usually collects mail from the boxes they mentioned until 7 or 8. One radio station said it was just until shortly before midnight, the other said until 11:59. I don't believe I'd take chances!

    I believe they used to stay open more, but since the USPS has been losing money lately they've not been doing that. I remember an old boyfriend's mother talking about driving in the line late at night to get hers stamped. When she said it it sounded like a person was there actually taking the mail.
    We had there here also and people would just make it a point to take their taxes and wait in a long car line because the main USPS here would have people out one the street collecting in front of the Post Office, and then there was a chance of getting on the news. Hey look at me in my car.... Yeech. My taxes get done as soon as I get my information and any payment goes out right away.

  10. #14920
    Team DAN schmoo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    O-H-I-O
    Posts
    3,174

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    I heard the usage of E-filing has really cut back on the last minute 'mailers'. Only the large city main one was open late, the rest just had regular hours.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.