+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7195Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Heard today, that this is a super severe pollen/allergy season for most of the country. We've, apparently had as much pollen in these first few days of April as we usually have in ALL of April. They also said that it's not the pollen that you usually see on your cars that's the culprit; it is an "invisible" pollen.

This is disgusting.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I believe it. I've been coughing and sneezing with serious post nasal drip. Growl!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Rattus, just curious, why have you never been to a Wal-Mart or a Target?

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3876323;
    Rattus, just curious, why have you never been to a Wal-Mart or a Target?
    I don't think we have Targets up here in Canada, so that explains that one . We do have Wal-marts, though, but I am opposed to them on moral grounds due to their business practices and scorched earth policies, so I won't patronize them at all. And I am happy to say that my neighbourhood fought the Wal-mart beast and won - they are not moving here , so all our smaller local business can remain operational and the neighbourhood can remain the charming area it has been becoming over the last decade or so.

And speaking of my neighbourhood, if you look it up in wikipedia (Leslieville), you will see a picture of the building at the corner of the street I lived on from 1987 to 2003, and if you click on one of the links in the landmarks section (Gerrard India Bazaar), you will see a picture of the building on the corner of the street I've lived on since then. For some reason I find that delightful .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I can't hardly stand Wal-mart.....but Target is another story!!! Definitely love my Targets. I also have developed a weakness for Meijer; luckily, I don't have one super-close to me....but, I CAN make it happen!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3876853;
    I can't hardly stand Wal-mart.....but Target is another story!!! Definitely love my Targets. I also have developed a weakness for Meijer; luckily, I don't have one super-close to me....but, I CAN make it happen!

Up until last December, my son lived in the Midwest not too far from a Meijer's. It was a ritual for hubby and I to go through there at least once when we visited. As someone said, it's the only place where you can buy a pipe wrench and a half-gallon of ice cream. I miss going there....always found something I needed or wanted.

I'm nowhere near to a Walmart which is a good thing.
    My feelings about their practices are similar to Rattus'.

Tar - jay, however, (and, yes, the French pronunciation suits them!) is in abundance here.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

MRD

My city is so far the top vote getting cities to be the first Google City.
    Greenville, SC.

This was taken a couple weeks ago in our beautiful downtown park using hundreds of people with glow sticks.

Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

wow myrosiedog thats neat

MRD,
    It looks lovely. I'm jealous.

My city qualifies as the one most congested at any time of the day or night!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread