+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5834Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

My laptop is about 4 years old. On my favorites list is says:

Fans of reality tv-beware the mayonaise eating bears

odd huh? lol How is everyone?
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

I have a peeve to share today - ALLERGIES!!

I never suffered from allergies before moving to Minnesota. Me and the tree pollen here do NOT get along. And this year seems to be FAR worse than normal. I have been taking my Zyrtec faithfully and that usually keeps my symptoms at bay. However, this morning I feel like I am going to scratch the eyes right out of my head they itch so badly. And on top of that they are all watery. Needless to say, I did not bother with mascara this morning!

There is rain in the forecast this afternoon, so maybe that will help. I can't wait for tree pollen season to end!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3875094;
    I have a peeve to share today - ALLERGIES!!

I never suffered from allergies before moving to Minnesota. Me and the tree pollen here do NOT get along. And this year seems to be FAR worse than normal. I have been taking my Zyrtec faithfully and that usually keeps my symptoms at bay. However, this morning I feel like I am going to scratch the eyes right out of my head they itch so badly. And on top of that they are all watery. Needless to say, I did not bother with mascara this morning!

There is rain in the forecast this afternoon, so maybe that will help. I can't wait for tree pollen season to end!!!
    This may or may not help you, but as I am absolutely opposed to taking unnecessary medications, including allergy relief, I take caplets of bee pollen instead. It works amazingly well, but you do need to take the caplets (loose pollen in a capsule) rather than the pills (pollen compressed with whatever they use to make it stick together). Mr. Rattus always pooh-poohed the idea, but when we went to Montreal a few years ago his allergies went into overdrive. I had my little box o'vitamins with me, so I gave him my pollen caps since I'd been taking them all summer and would be good for the weekend. His allergies cleared up immediately. I can't recommend the stuff highly enough.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3875097;
    This may or may not help you, but as I am absolutely opposed to taking unnecessary medications, including allergy relief, I take caplets of bee pollen instead. It works amazingly well, but you do need to take the caplets (loose pollen in a capsule) rather than the pills (pollen compressed with whatever they use to make it stick together). Mr. Rattus always pooh-poohed the idea, but when we went to Montreal a few years ago his allergies went into overdrive. I had my little box o'vitamins with me, so I gave him my pollen caps since I'd been taking them all summer and would be good for the weekend. His allergies cleared up immediately. I can't recommend the stuff highly enough.
    Thanks Rattus! I had some neighbors back home that kept bees and actually made caplets like these for themselves.

Where do you find them at? Can I look at a "big box" store like Target, or do I need to find a health food/specialty store?

ETA: And do you take them as directed on the bottle? I just looked one up on Amazon and the directions are:
    Directions
    As an addition to the daily diet, take three capsules three times daily with water at mealtimes.
    Nine capsules a day just struck me as a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3875115;
    Thanks Rattus! I had some neighbors back home that kept bees and actually made caplets like these for themselves.

Where do you find them at? Can I look at a "big box" store like Target, or do I need to find a health food/specialty store?

ETA: And do you take them as directed on the bottle? I just looked one up on Amazon and the directions are:

Nine capsules a day just struck me as a lot!
    I've never been in a Target (or a Walmart), so I don't know what their health food/herbals area is like, but most health food stores would carry them. I only take one a day (and generally none on the weekend because I usually forget), but if your allergies are really bad twice a day might not be a bad idea. I start taking them every year in about February or March when the snow drops start popping up, and stop taking them in October once everything has died off *sob*. It's a good idea to stop over the winter in order to lose any tolerance you may build up.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3875131;
    I've never been in a Target (or a Walmart), so I don't know what their health food/herbals area is like, but most health food stores would carry them. I only take one a day (and generally none on the weekend because I usually forget), but if your allergies are really bad twice a day might not be a bad idea. I start taking them every year in about February or March when the snow drops start popping up, and stop taking them in October once everything has died off *sob*. It's a good idea to stop over the winter in order to lose any tolerance you may build up.
    Thanks for the info. I'm going to hunt some down and give it a shot. It can't hurt and if it could eventually reduce (or eliminate) my dependence on Zyrtec, so much the better!

I'm going to give them a try too. I never had a problem with allergies until last December..then all of the sudden I was miserable for weeks until I figured what was going on. Still don't know what I'm allergic too but if the bee pollen helps I'm going to give it a try
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Hi, livin4!!! So nice to see you back!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3875266;
    I'm going to give them a try too. I never had a problem with allergies until last December..then all of the sudden I was miserable for weeks until I figured what was going on. Still don't know what I'm allergic too but if the bee pollen helps I'm going to give it a try
    Are you having trouble now? The news is saying this year is the worst pollen season in years!
    Pollen Aplenty Triggers Allergy Explosion - Shots - Health News Blog : NPR

CRT, I sort of suspected it...I'm going to try the pollen as well--it can't hurt. Anything to stop this awful barking!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread