+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6765Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2119166;
    There was such a cut cartoon in the paper yesterday. It showed this little Manatee swimming along, next frame he's up looking around, swimming again, looking around again, and finally he looks around and says "Can someone point me toward Graceland"?
    Hmm . . . Elvis was manatee-shaped toward the end. Do you suppose Elvis was reincarnated and is now trying to find his way home?
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Well now that you mentioned it, the cartoon for today was the Manatee with sideburns and shades. I loved it.

Up here in Michigan when they reported on your wayward Manitee, they had an Elvis reference too.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I found an oriental cookbook and a French cookbook in the free room at the dump last weekend. Yesterday I was reading from them to my classes. The French one has 3 different recipes for cooking brain. One for blood sausage. A brioche crust with 7 eggs and a pound of butter. Ha!
    Count your blessings!

I watched Anthony Bourdain in Paris the other night, and he was served blood sausage and brains. He raved on about how good it was, but yeesh, I would have a hard time with that.

I have an iron stomach and am willing to try most things (shark, rattlesnake, squid) but brains? Uh uh. That's how people get mad cow disease.
    Count your blessings!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;2119813;
    I watched Anthony Bourdain in Paris the other night, and he was served blood sausage and brains. He raved on about how good it was, but yeesh, I would have a hard time with that.
    I remember my mother telling me that when she was pregnant with me, she ate brains and scrambled eggs every morning for breakfast. Must be why I am so smart!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Yes, that does explain a lot. *cough*
    Count your blessings!

I wouldn't eat brains now, mad cow notwithstanding, but we ate them occasionally when I was growing up. My dad liked them, so Mom cooked them.

Mom once sent oldest sister to the little corner butcher/market with $1.00 to buy brains, telling her just get a dollars worth. Little did she know brain were on sale, 10 cents/pound. Yeah, my sister came home with 10 punds of brains!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Can someone tell me what brains taste like? I'm not a big fan of the organy tasting meats (although I love pate--but I hate fois gras...too rich! My husband LOVES haggis). I remember being in England and seeing a billboard for a butcher that sold "brains and beef." I think I have a picture of it somewhere...

+ Reply to Thread