+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6756Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3868755;
    Has anyone ever tried a bleach and water foot soak to cure toenail fungus? I'd never even known about it until my toe kept hurting when putting on shoes....like I had stubbed it. I noticed it looked a little bruised and forgot about it. Weeks went by and it was not getting any better or growing out. After doing a number of searches on what might be wrong with my toe, I found out it most likely had a fungus. I read that soaking in 1 part bleach and 10 parts hot water for 30 minutes a day will help to kill the infection. I've been doing this for about a week and the discoloration is going away. I'm also using tea tree oil on it every night and filing it down so that the oil gets under the nail. My mother used to have very thick nails but I never knew that it was considered a fungus to have thick nails!
    I've used straight bleach before, no water.
    I've even used straight bleach on athelete's foot. Stings like hell, but the infection is gone immediately. I then apply hydrocortisone cream to help with the inflammation caused by the infection.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Read a true horror story today about a place called Cape Fear Valley, NC. The medical facility gave a woman a hysterectomy who wasn't pregnant. They gave her medication to induce labor, and when that didn't work, they went to a hysterectomy. They heard no heartbeat, but apparently didn't do any type of sonogram. Even my stupid arse, non-doctor that I am, would have thought to do that!! Unbelievable! The woman had a hysterical pregnancy. Like I've always said...not all people called doctors finished at the top of their classes.

At least the area has the proper name....Cape Fear Valley.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Dang it....I still have the Census form sitting here on my desk! I even got the notice saying it was unlawful to not fill it out! lol

I'm going to stick with the bleach treatment because my feet are soft like a baby's bottom now! The quick of the toenail is much thinner than the rest of the nail so I am assuming this means it is healthy. Once I grow out the yucky part, I'm going to keep doing it once a week to ensure it doesn't come back. I've also read it can be in our genes to just get it....booo!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Not sending in the census form is a good way to get somebody to come to your door! Oh well....that's a job for somebody!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Haha...... I'll have moved by the time they get to my door..........I'm going to fill it out this weekend for sure. I am also going to finally do my taxes too!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I never got a census notice, nor the letter you get warning that you are about to get a census form and had better fill it out. So I guess I get a visit.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

The last census was 10 years ago right?? Last year a woman banged on the door and asked hubby if he knew the woman next door and could he get her in the apartment to check it out. Turned out she was from the census place and wanted to see how many people were living in the apartment. 9 years later!! My hubby said no way he would let someone in just because they flashed some badge at him and he got a letter saying he was hindering the census woman from doing her job! I was floored.........I had no idea they actually had any kind of power to demand anything. The woman cussed hubby out before she got into her car and said he would be sorry for getting in the way! OMG!

Adding....... the neighbor works for the Sheriff department so I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not.
    Last edited by buglover; 04-02-2010 at 09:34 PM.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3868773;
    Read a true horror story today about a place called Cape Fear Valley, NC. The medical facility gave a woman a hysterectomy who wasn't pregnant. They gave her medication to induce labor, and when that didn't work, they went to a hysterectomy. They heard no heartbeat, but apparently didn't do any type of sonogram. Even my stupid arse, non-doctor that I am, would have thought to do that!! Unbelievable! The woman had a hysterical pregnancy. Like I've always said...not all people called doctors finished at the top of their classes.

At least the area has the proper name....Cape Fear Valley.
    FayObserver.com - Doctors cited in handling of false pregnancy
    you mean a Cesarean Section right?
    Last edited by PGM35; 04-05-2010 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Found Better Article for reference

Thanks! Can't believe I said hysterectomy. Maybe I've yet to get over my own?
    Last edited by prhoshay; 04-05-2010 at 08:07 PM.

I was wondering about that myself, although I guess a hysterectomy would get that baby out of there!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread