+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4501Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

It supposed to be a very warm weekend for us--temps 60+! Considering its going to be a long weekend, this is very good news!! Cant wait to get out in the garden.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3866098;
    I think I want a Blackberry. I'm looking for input, positive or negative.
    They make real good jelly, but I don't care for the pies--too many seeds.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Blueberry is better.. *giggles*

My sister-in-law loves her Blackberry. If she were writing this she would recommend a style like the Bold over the Curve because the buttons on the Curve make a clicking noise that can be rather annoying. I would recommend going to the store and trying them before buying to see how the size, shape, and Qwerty configuration works for you.

When I moved to a smartphone I opted to get an iPhone and I am immensely happy with it. I will warn you that I went to the AT&T store to try out both the iPhone and Blackberry and the people who work there are completely iPhone biased, so if you are with AT&T be prepared!

I was thrilled to see that negotiations are in the works between Verizon and iPhone/Apple. I love Verizon's customer service and coverage. Love Apple (have had Macs forever, with no viruses, no crashes, and I can easily figure out how to do stuff myself). Hate AT&T.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I have the Storm, and while it took some getting used to as far as the touch screen is concerned, I like my phone a lot. Some people don't like that you actually have to press down on the screen to type; I have a tendency to fatfinger, so I like that I have to press down. I don't have or use that many apps-- the internet is good enough that I usually just go that route. Heck, I even log on to FORT during the workday from my Blackberry.

I travel internationally a few times a year, and I always upgrade my phone to the unlimited data plan for the time that I'm away. It costs about $1 a day, and in addition to email and such being free, anything sent over Blackberry Messenger is also free, which is really nice since texts are usually about $.50 per. I really like Blackberry Messenger. Verizon's unlimited international data plan is pretty cheap (~$1 a day extra).

I'm locked into Verizon for practical reasons (it's the only carrier with service at our Maine house), so the iPhone never really entered the picture as a plausible option and won't until it comes out in CDMA for Verizon (and, for that matter, until it's able to multitask. I remain shocked that it doesn't.)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am a Verizon subscriber of many years.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The coast of New England is being destroyed by flooding! It's painful to watch the news here. My heart goes out to all the people who are affected and having to deal with homes, vehicles, animals, roads, etc. My basement is flooded, but my sump pump is doing it's job and the sunny weather predicted will dry it right up, but there are lots of people here who are in big trouble with this.
    Count your blessings!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I just got a Blackberry for work to replace my work Treo. I hated the Treo with all of my being, but I'd rather it over the Blackberry. The track ball is so, so slow and typing on it with nails of any length other than chewed down to the quick is a chore. I love my personal iPhone (though I hate the connection to AT&T) for data and texting so much more.

All right! This is the last straw! I'm so fed up with FORT!! I QUIT!!!!! You'll never see me post again. (April Fools! ) Just a warning in case anyone forgot.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread