+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6180Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

My daughter is a hair genius. Thanks Gut.

I wish I could remember what song we were belting out. Obviously one I liked a lot.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

After several years of being left alone, I have a stupid ant invasion on my computer desk. I used to blame this on my son, but he hasn't live here in several years!!! Between that and the occasional stupid, disgusting lady bug appearance...and me not being insect-friendly....I feel the grouchies coming on!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

prhoshay - use talc powder along the ant trail all the way back to the point of entry (probably a wall or pipe). I found that works wonders as a death machine for the pesky pests and once I've swept up the smothered, I leave a bit of the talc in place to catch any others foolish enough to make a try of it.

My only problem is the perfume in talc - yuck - next time I have a problem I think I'll try Baking Soda instead.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Prhoshay, I always buy the ant killer that is like liquid gel. You pour some out, or put out the container, the ants will swarm it and leave and you'll never see them again. You might want to do it at night, because you will have a ton of them feeding off it. Basically, they eat it and leave. Whenever I had any problems at my old house that worked wonders and got rid of them very quickly. Most hardware stores will sell it in the rodent destruction area.

MRD

Love ladybugs. They are good luck.

Ants though can be so annoying and hard to get rid of. Good luck
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Lady bugs will soil your clothing, and they stink. They're kind of luck, I don't need.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

We used to have Ladybugs. They don't stink and they don't bite. Then the farmers in Iowa brought in what is called "Asian Beetles" to eat aphids on soybeans. Now, just a few years later, we are absolutely overrun by these nasty little creatures. In the fall, after the crops are harvested, these bugs are everywhere. We have to spray our doors and windows just to make an attempt at keeping them out of the house. They will get inside and crawl under the woodwork or anywhere they can wriggle. They bite, they stink, and they taste horrible, so they have no predators. (I know this for a fact, because I got one in my mouth one time after it crawled into a can of Diet Coke that I was drinking. Yeah..I know..ewwww!!)
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3852069;
    We used to have Ladybugs. They don't stink and they don't bite. Then the farmers in Iowa brought in what is called "Asian Beetles" to eat aphids on soybeans. Now, just a few years later, we are absolutely overrun by these nasty little creatures. In the fall, after the crops are harvested, these bugs are everywhere. We have to spray our doors and windows just to make an attempt at keeping them out of the house. They will get inside and crawl under the woodwork or anywhere they can wriggle. They bite, they stink, and they taste horrible, so they have no predators. (I know this for a fact, because I got one in my mouth one time after it crawled into a can of Diet Coke that I was drinking. Yeah..I know..ewwww!!)
    Ewwww Lil Bit!!!

We have those darn Asian Ladybeetles also. I loved ladybugs growing up, but these little buggers are SO annoying! In the fall when it starts to get cold they gather all over the southern exposures on homes in my neighborhood and we must end up with 4 or more in any given room in our house! The worst part: they bite. It isn't terrible, but they will give you a nice nip to test out whether you are something tasty to nibble on!!

Ewww is right. Roxie won't even eat them, and she'll eat anything!
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3852009;
    Lady bugs will soil your clothing, and they stink. They're kind of luck, I don't need.
    I have those lady bugs too, prhoshay. Hate them! They come in the house as soon as it warms up outside.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

+ Reply to Thread