+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5671Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3830556;
    I'm not a summer fan either, unless I can go somewhere cooler. I don't like HOT even without high humidity. Then again I don't really nasty cold for extended periods either; why can't it be fall or spring all the time--we don't get enough of either. It could be between 50 and 70 all the time and I'd love it.
    I so agree. At least it got up to 60 today, sure beats the 30's and 40's of the weekend and earlier in the week when we were moving.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Last day of February vacation. *sigh* Back to the long stretch of March with no holidays.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've never heard of a February vacation. It's shocking, to me, how much kids are out of school these days. What, with the snow days and all, I'm surprised they don't have to just ride it out through the end of the school year.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

We never had these vacations in Ohio and got out in late May, but here in Mass. we have a February vacation and an April vacatioin (one week each) and with enough snow days often get out at the end of June. I guess they figure winter is too long here. I'm all for a shorter summer vacation, though. They lose too much.
    Count your blessings!

The new 50 piece McNugget deal at McDonalds, is that a limited time thing, or no? That is a lot of nuggets!
    ~Supernatural Addict~

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

Just a quick note to thank everyone on FORT. I happened to go to a message board on another site and OMG!!! The browbeating and language! It made me so thankful for all of you and FORT.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by gracie;3834672;
    Just a quick note to thank everyone on FORT. I happened to go to a message board on another site and OMG!!! The browbeating and language! It made me so thankful for all of you and FORT.
    I think FORT is more civilized too. I am on the motherboard and sometimes I am shocked. That kind of stuff would never play over here. Thank goodness there are no personal attacks on this site......

MRD

I am off to Florida tomorrow for 5 days! going to see some old friends, have a unofficial high school reunion of sorts, visit family, have fun, get warm and I'm going ALL BY MYSELF!!!!!

MRD,

Enjoy and I hope you get good weather!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3839097;
    MRD,

Enjoy and I hope you get good weather!!
    Supposed to be in the 60's there. It's in the 20's here and was supposed to snow here today, but it bypassed us. So 60's is def. better than here.

IT is going to be some fun. I haven't seen some of these people in 20 years. But we've all been messaging back and forth and it sounds like it will be a blast. And most of us girls are going WITHOUT husbands and kids, so WOO HOO, girls weekend. Watch out! And we're going to be right on the water too. I can't wait.
    Only draw back is that I get to spend 2 days with family. My SIL is already being a witch about it. I haven't seen her in 4 years and am questioning why I am going to see her now. Mostly it's to see my brother and my grown neice and her kids.
    And I get to their house after the BIG Sat. night to do, so will more than likely be hungover and really need to have to put up with the witch. But it's Florida, so I'm going to try to stay positive.

+ Reply to Thread