+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6432Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by coltnlasma;3827634;
    Good grief, CaliLily! I'm so sorry for all you're going through. A few years ago, I had a similar loss with flooding in our home... it was a rough experience, but after a long while I was able to find a silver lining. I hope things turn up for you very soon. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Thank you. I know that this experience will make me stronger in the end. I can see my sliver lining already as I have been saving for the past few months to move to the UK in November. I was going to have to sell everything I have anyway as it would be too expensive to store/ship it. The insurance money will end up going into savings for my move.

I'm sorry that you went through something similar. I wouldn't wish an experience like this/that on anyone.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Oh CaliLily, I'm so sorry. What a horrible chain of events. Come here any time you need support. I'll be thinking of you.
    Count your blessings!

CaliLily,
    Welcome back.
    I'm so sorry for your run of extremely bad luck. Glad, though, that you were able to avoid a fire.
    And, if memory serves, I seem to remember you were talking about moving for a while.
    And, your pending move to the UK sounds just great.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

MRD

Calilily, I am so very sorry. Someone asked me recently: "would you still be you if you lost everything?" I have pondered that a lot lately.
    I hope your move to the UK goes well and your ankle heals swiftly. Good luck has to be on your way.

Queenb, your snow is gorgeous. Love the photos. And your "little shack" is so cute. You guys got much more than we did and today most of it is gone. Thankfully, as we, as you know, are moving this weekend.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3827516;
    gabriel, I kind of miss rotary dial! Especially the "free ride" for the finger by not taking it completely out of the hole while the dial returned. (Is that making any sense?).
    YES YES it is...

Have I mentioned recently how much I HATE SNOW!?!? We're supposed to get another 4 inches tomorrow. I don't think I've ever been more ready for spring than I am this year.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

We're in a cycle that brings us accumulating snow every weekend, here lately. This is getting really OLD!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I am kind of over it myself.

gabriel: I remember winter '82 (I think) in Milwaukee -- we'd get a ton of snow, and then the temp would drop and it got really windy (wind chills in the neighborhood of -25ºF), and the wind would blow the snow into these super-packed drifts. Often right against the door of my ground-level cottage-style apartment (near 85th and Capitol just east of St. Margaret-Mary; I don't know if that complex is still there). This happened something like three or four weeks in a row, and I'd have to call in late to the school where I worked as a teachers' aide because I was trapped in my apartment. I had to remove the bedroom window/storm window (old-timey ones held on with those butterfly thingies), climb out of the window, shovel the snow in front of the door so I could open my door (door opened out), put the windows back up -- then walk to work (didn't have a car; lived just four blocks from my school, and half a block from the bus). The bumper stickers du jour said "Snow sucks!"

It wasn't long after that that I moved to San Diego!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Thanks everyone for the welcome back It feels good to be here again.

Ellen, San Diego must be so beautiful right now! I'm in South Dakota and just bought a plane ticket to Los Angeles for March 20-24. Those days can't come soon enough *pines for warmth of sun and the smell of ocean air*
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

+ Reply to Thread