+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Hey everyone. Its been a while since I've been here so I just wanted to stop by and say 'hi' to all of you lovely FORT people. I hope you're all doing well.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Hey CaliLily! Good to hear from you! Where have you been?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3826149;
    Rotary dial?
    I WISH I still had thoe old rotary dial phones Unklescott. In any event I did still have one back in 1980, but changed it to "touch-tone" to be modern, hip and all that jazz.

Hello CaliLily

On our phone bill, it is still considered an extra feature you have to pay for to have touch tone service! I often wonder what Bell would do if I insisted they provide me with a rotary dial phone--something I am sure they cant even do!

MRD

I can still remember having this box that was installed up on the wall above the telephone in the hallway and it was teh box that rang, not the actual phone.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I remember those too, and my Granny having a party line...

Hey y'all, it snowed actual snow, without a bunch of crappy ice and sleet mixed in--so it's the first 6-8" (!) of regular, powdery snow Ive seen in GA in probably 15 years!!! Wheee...ran out, took a pic, and now am just seeing it through the windows. if I had decent gloves and boots, it's even the right kind and enough snow to make a snowman.

I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

We are supposed to get more snow tomorrow night and monday. I like the snow, I just wish I didn't have to get out in it.
    great pics queenb
    I agree with gabriel I like my corded land line phone.

Hi calilily

Pretty pics, queenb! My favorite way to see snow is in photos or looking east at the mountains while I'm in 70ºs and sunny.

gabriel, I kind of miss rotary dial! Especially the "free ride" for the finger by not taking it completely out of the hole while the dial returned. (Is that making any sense?).
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3827192;
    Hey CaliLily! Good to hear from you! Where have you been?
    Unfortunately I've had a bit of a bad luck streak lately. Two weeks ago I moved into a new apartment with 2 of my best friends (they had lived there 3 years) and a week later there was a fire in the apartment above us causing the sprinkler system to malfunction and a pipe to burst and a flood to occur. I lost almost everything I owned. I've been really struggling to keep positive about the situation but during the whole ordeal I managed to fracture my ankle so now on top of losing all of that, I am now hobbling around in a boot. Then, yesterday my car died on me so I am now without that too and the fridge in our new place died so I lost all of my food.

The apartment moved me and my roommates (who both lost their beds but everything else was fine) into a new apartment in the building as our old one has to be completely gutted. I have my computer (thankfully) a handfull of clothes and about 20% of my books, almost everything else including all of my living room furniture and photo albums and high school yearbooks are gone.

Sorry for the rant... I guess I'm still trying to wrap my brain around all that has happened lately.

I hope you're all doing well.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Good grief, CaliLily! I'm so sorry for all you're going through. A few years ago, I had a similar loss with flooding in our home... it was a rough experience, but after a long while I was able to find a silver lining. I hope things turn up for you very soon. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
    remember to play

+ Reply to Thread