+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6257Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2116277;
    I'll watch the news at 9 and let you all know how it's going.
    There is a crowd of people down there trying to keep an eye on him. The man who first discovered him hasn't left the river bank and says he won't until the Manitee heads for home. (wherever that is)
    Oh, I hope he will be ok. We used to see Manatees all the time and they do not do well in the cold. They used to hang out around the power plants because of the warmer water that is around them.

Keep us posted, I hope he will be ok.

My daughter's first girl scout campout they had at an aquarium and they got to sleep near "Snooty the Manatee". My daughter was in 1st grade. All she could talk about the next day was how big Snooty was and that he just ate lettuce and pooped all night. The highlight of the trip was the manatee pooping. I've had vacations with worse highlights I guess.

Anyway, here's hoping the Memphis Mississippi Manatee makes it back home to Florida and is ok.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Belated Happy Birthday ANA BANANA!!

Mudah: I hope the manitee makes it. I would be scared of those big barges too!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

thanks misskitty
    Mudah - what's going on with our water creature this morning?

MRD
    Ana I forgot above to wish you a Happy Bday! Hope it was good.

The people from Sea World got here about 7 last night. They have been down at the river since 7 am and haven't spotted "Manny" yet. They brought a big, panel truck for his 14 hour ride to Sea World. If they ever spot him, divers plan to go down and try and get a net around him. Then 10-12 people will actually life him into a boat and get him to the bank. I'll check to see who has the best coverage and then give you all the website.

Just keep your fingers crossed that he's okay. He hasn't eaten any of his lettuce since yesterday. mrd, not sure about his pooping history.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2117430;
    Just keep your fingers crossed that he's okay. He hasn't eaten any of his lettuce since yesterday. mrd, not sure about his pooping history.
    Thanks for keeping us updated!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2117430;
    The people from Sea World got here about 7 last night. They have been down at the river since 7 am and haven't spotted "Manny" yet. They brought a big, panel truck for his 14 hour ride to Sea World. If they ever spot him, divers plan to go down and try and get a net around him. Then 10-12 people will actually life him into a boat and get him to the bank. I'll check to see who has the best coverage and then give you all the website.

Maybe I could send the manatee pooping expert to Memphis to help the Sea World team.

I have never understood how Manatees are so fat when they eat lettuce. See, Lettuce is NOT a diet food. We have proof!

I do hope they find Manny and get him safely back to Sea World to care for him. This is so sad. I love those big gentle creatures and we hear so much about them in Florida and the boaters that speed around and end up hurting them.

Keep us posted.

From WMC-TV in Memphis.
    (2:30 PM) The search for the manatee continues. A sonar is being used in one of the boats to search for the animal this afternoon. There is a theory among rescuers that the water level has gone up in the harbor due to recent rain, and that the manatee may be lost or hiding. Officials have said if they cannot find the manatee in Wolf River Harbor, they will look elsewhere, possibly in McKellar Lake, which may have attracted the animal due to its warmer water temperatures. Click on the above link for live video from Wolf River Harbor.

Manny is still MIA as of 4 PM.

And at 8 pm.

+ Reply to Thread