+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6518Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

While I no longer own a Toyota, but would in a "New York minute", I think it's interesting that they are providing repairs on their defective cars; the cars are unpredictable. Who in their right mind would want to DRIVE their car into the dealership to be repaired. Seems like they (Toyota) would arrange to have the defective cars picked up and transported in for repair. It's my understanding that you have to bring your car in.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3815877;
    While I no longer own a Toyota, but would in a "New York minute", I think it's interesting that they are providing repairs on their defective cars; the cars are unpredictable. Who in their right mind would want to DRIVE their car into the dealership to be repaired. Seems like they (Toyota) would arrange to have the defective cars picked up and transported in for repair. It's my understanding that you have to bring your car in.
    They're a big corporation. They don't have to care.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3816240;
    They're a big corporation. They don't have to care.

Ellen -- I don't agree with you. If there are a lot of accidents with this problem, there will be a lot of lawsuits and they stand to lose a lot of $$. Witness Ford and the Explorer rollover problem. Cost them a bundle.

Let me rephrase: It would be smart for them to care enough to arrange to have the cars picked up. It would be the right and compassionate thing to do, and would likely go far in helping to restore goodwill. But they won't, unless there's a court order. And I doubt that anything like that would happen.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3816704;
    Let me rephrase: It would be smart for them to care enough to arrange to have the cars picked up. It would be the right and compassionate thing to do, and would likely go far in helping to restore goodwill. But they won't, unless there's a court order. And I doubt that anything like that would happen.
    I agree with that, Ellen. It would also help restore their sagging sales.

I think that once they get their problems resolved that their sales will be right back where they were. I've always wanted a 4-Runner, but I don't really need a car right now. Having had new cars most of my life, I now buy proven used cars (2-3 years old).
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3815877;
    Who in their right mind would want to DRIVE their car into the dealership to be repaired.
    Further proof that i'm NOT in my right mind, if I need any more. My Corolla is, I think, on the list of "possibly defective" cars, but I'll keep driving it, until the rush to get them fixed is over. This is due to a few factors...
    a) the incidence of the sccelerator problem, from what I've been able to find out, is really not very high at ALL,
    B) So far as I can tell, the problem hasn't caused a bunch of accidents, and no really bad ones that I can find stories about.
    C) They apparently aren't really that sure it's the gas pedal and not the computer in the car doing it, unless something new has come up in the last few days.
    D) I do know how to throw the car into Neutral; that will prevent it from going faster no matter what the pedal does. In fact, my car is made so you just push the shifter, and it will go into N with no button pushing or anything else.
    Seriously, I drive so much that I'm in the car at least 3 hours every day almost. I have no one to haul me around, no public transportation from here or all the way to where I need to go, so I just have to bear in mind that it "could" be faulty. I certainly don't feel it's as big a thing to worry about as the phone people I see!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

[QUOTE=queenb;3818803;]Further proof that i'm NOT in my right mind, if I need any more. My Corolla is, I think, on the list of "possibly defective" cars, but I'll keep driving it, until the rush to get them fixed is over. This is due to a few factors...
    a) the incidence of the sccelerator problem, from what I've been able to find out, is really not very high at ALL,
    B) So far as I can tell, the problem hasn't caused a bunch of accidents, and no really bad ones that I can find stories about.
    C) They apparently aren't really that sure it's the gas pedal and not the computer in the car doing it, unless something new has come up in the last few days.
    D) I do know how to throw the car into Neutral; that will prevent it from going faster no matter what the pedal does. In fact, my car is made so you just push the shifter, and it will go into N with no button pushing or anything else.
    Seriously, I drive so much that I'm in the car at least 3 hours every day almost. I have no one to haul me around, no public transportation from here or all the way to where I need to go, so I just have to bear in mind that it "could" be faulty. I certainly don't feel it's as big a thing to worry about as the phone people I see![/QUOTE]

That's probably a bigger threat to your safety on the roads
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

One thing that I did notice was that of all the instructions they give you for what to do if your car begins accelerating out of control, one they did not mention was to shift it into neutral. Wonder why not? That would have been one of my first instincts, too.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3819474;
    One thing that I did notice was that of all the instructions they give you for what to do if your car begins accelerating out of control, one they did not mention was to shift it into neutral. Wonder why not? That would have been one of my first instincts, too.
    Because common sense is GONE....

+ Reply to Thread