+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6433Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Yes - what's that saying about the simplest explanation?
    remember to play

My son was born on groundhog day, and the first thing my husband said when he was born: "Let's call him Phil!" Yeah, it wasn't funny then either

My brother was born on groundhog's day. I always make the joke to my mom... good thing he didn't see his shadow when he was born. Nyuk, nyuk!
    coltnlasma - I love your avatar.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3810784;
    Yes, I have the 13-inch MacBook White. It's fine if I'm staying in one place, such as the library for afternoon tutoring or at home for my Skype sessions (really the only thing I use the webcam for). But even that gets sort of heavy on my shoulder for my school-without-walls when I use it for Keynote presentations or looking up something on the Internet, show an iPhoto slideshow part of the time -- then walk anywhere from 2 1/2 - 4 miles (2 - 3 hours). I'm sure I'd be able to sync it with my MacBook.

It may be a waste of money for some, but for the purposes of MY business, it sounds like what I've been hoping for.
    I think the advantage of the ipad is that it is a larger sized iPhone or iTouch with some new features - allowing the compatible transfer of all the applications for those devices on the ipad is a bonus and important advantage. If one takes advantage if the 3G option which gives you not just wifi capability, but to actually have full internet, email etc anywhere..... for as little as 14.99/mo is great marketability.

It has an accessory that is a docking station with keyboard, essentially turning it into a small laptop. To be able to go anywhere without losing the internet, email etc for the added fee of 15/mo makes this new compact toy even more desirable.

The iTouch/iPhone have a Kindle application which should transfer to the iPad (since Steve said all of the iTouch apps are compatible with the iPad as well) thus converting the iPad into a Kindle type device (although it comes equipped with the iBooks.) I am a big Amazon customer, so for me this is an advantage over iBooks feature.

It looks useful to me.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

You know it's winter when you go to weather.com and say to yourself, "Oh good! It's going to get up to 28* tomorrow!".
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3812979;
    My brother was born on groundhog's day. I always make the joke to my mom... good thing he didn't see his shadow when he was born. Nyuk, nyuk!
    coltnlasma - I love your avatar.

Canuck, I thought it was funny.

I think PETA does these ridiculous things as they can get free publicity by trying to stir up controversy.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3810826;
    What would you be using it for? Netbooks are good too.
    I've been looking at netbooks, but what is really swaying me is the e-book feature on the iPad. I had every intention of buying a Kindle when they became available, and if I buy a netbook AND a Kindle, I'm about $600 in. For a couple hundred more I could have the Apple.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think I read, yeasterday, that if you wanted to use a phone feature with the IPad that you would have to Skype, but at this time you will have to still carry a cell phone for a regular call. This was an article about what tekkies weren't happy with in the IPad. I can't find it to save myself now that I would like to link it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3813368;
    I think I read, yeasterday, that if you wanted to use a phone feature with the IPad that you would have to Skype, but at this time you will have to still carry a cell phone for a regular call. This was an article about what tekkies weren't happy with in the IPad. I can't find it to save myself now that I would like to link it.
    Maybe here:
    Glance: How Apple's iPad measures up - FOX41.com Louisville News Kentucky Indiana News Weather Sports
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3813368;
    Well, they probably don't want to put their iPhone out to pasture yet. But, who would want to lug an ipad around as a cell pone replacement - it really is more of a mini laptop.

For me it would be more of a replacement for Kindle, offering me unlimited reading material - with the usefulness of music, checking email, and internet occasionally. Still, I am not going to rush out to buy one. We have a couple iTouch's in our house and the price has come down so much on them. We will wait a year before jumping on the iPad truck.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

+ Reply to Thread