+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5838Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3810238;
    I was just reading about the iPad earlier. I have a small MacBook, which I love for my "traveling classroom/office, and was thinking of getting a Kindle or the Sony equivalent for on-the-go reading. Good thing I waited!
    I just watched Steve Jobs' press conference on the iPAD. It has killer apps and looks adorable! It will launch in April and will have a price point of $499 although some of the iWork apps will cost extra. That's an excellent price point for all of it's features -- I work in the investment industry and the rumors were that it would be more expensive than that. I can't wait to get mine!
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Depending on storage capability, the IPad could go up to $829.
    $499 is for the least amount of storage.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3810259;
    Depending on storage capability, the IPad could go up to $829.
    $499 is for the least amount of storage.
    Price point refers to starting price point as with all technological devices.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3810249;
    I just watched Steve Jobs' press conference on the iPAD. It has killer apps and looks adorable! It will launch in April and will have a price point of $499 although some of the iWork apps will cost extra. That's an excellent price point for all of it's features -- I work in the investment industry and the rumors were that it would be more expensive than that. I can't wait to get mine!
    Ooh, I already have iWork (LOVE it!). This may solve a whole slew of things related to my next upgrade for efficiency/portability.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3810411;
    Ooh, I already have iWork (LOVE it!). This may solve a whole slew of things related to my next upgrade for efficiency/portability.
    I think this might be the perfect upgrade for you Ellen. Do you have a 13-inch Macbook? The only thing you would lose -- if you use it -- is the Webcam. The iPad isn't going to have a Webcam. And you would gain the Kindle-like feature.

FORT Fogey

The ipad is an example of what technology can do. From what I hear it is a complete waste of money. It cannot do what a lap top or macbook does. You have to hold in your hand instead of sitting it on your lap. It is an extravagant waste.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Is is just me, or does that Apple reader look really large, say, compared to the Kindle?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

But the iPad isn't supposed to be like a laptop, it's a tablet. If I was wanting it for business purposes maybe it wouldn't be a good option, but what I have now is an ancient Dell desktop PC. Unk, I read the list, but it doesn't put me off. The stuff about Verizon doesn't affect me but I guess I'll have to wait until it's available in Canada to see if there will be provider issues here.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've always suspected that Diane Sawyer was a bit of a ditz, but she removed all of my doubt when she was talking aobut the president's speech, and she said "For an hour and 10 moments..." Her co-anchor, George Stephanopoulis, came right behind her and said, "For an hour and 10 minutes..." Nice clean-up, George, but that ship had alread sailed. I don't want to see her become another Phyllis George Brown....idiocy, personified.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread