+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7139Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I should check into what happens here.

MRD

Most people are just glad it's a day off. But I really like the community service aspect of it. I think that is something really cool. And it's not being limited to just ethnic communities either. From what I've been reading, different organizations are promoting it as a day of service for any group or community.
    What a great way to give back. I read where there's a Habitat for Humanity (I want to say in California maybe) where they have been promoting this and got enough people signed up that they think they can build 2 entire houses in ONE day.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Re: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day

It's a regular work day for me. I really feel sorry for my client, though: after having had weather perfect for my program since Christmas week, my first client of the year is here during the week when we're having the worst (for San Diego) series of rainstorms since 1995. They're predicting that we'll get a year's worth of rain in one week. The rain doesn't bother me so much -- and the Parisians are used to rain, of course -- it's the flooding that occurs when we get more than a half inch that's gonna be a PITA.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What has always disappointed me is that people from many communities have always assumed, and treated it like, Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday holiday was just a holiday for African American people to celebrate. MLK, Jr. always stated that he was working for ALL people. Glad to see that it's becoming more widespread across communities.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3799610;
    Most people are just glad it's a day off. But I really like the community service aspect of it. I think that is something really cool. And it's not being limited to just ethnic communities either. From what I've been reading, different organizations are promoting it as a day of service for any group or community.
    What a great way to give back. I read where there's a Habitat for Humanity (I want to say in California maybe) where they have been promoting this and got enough people signed up that they think they can build 2 entire houses in ONE day.
    Speaking of Habitat for Humanity, one of our local high schools developed a program where the kids that apply can work on a Habitat home as part of their regular cirriculum. I'm part of a business group and we pooled some money together to provide drinks and lunches for a week. Other companies have been doing the same, so they never have to bring a lunch.

What a great idea IMO.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've been looking high and low for Reese's Nutrageous candy bars, and can't even remember the last time that I saw one. Yup....I'm having a serious craving. Found them on Amazon, if I want to buy 18 of them!

Here's a little dilemma that somebody else may have experienced. I have a '97 Nissan Maxima GLS that has a Bose radio/CD player/tape player in it. The problem I'm having is that a lot of times, when I try to turn down the volume, the "lower" I turn it, the louder it gets! And I can turn and turn, and never come to a stopping point. Any ideas?? It will blow you out of the car.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3809082;
    I've been looking high and low for Reese's Nutrageous candy bars, and can't even remember the last time that I saw one. Yup....I'm having a serious craving. Found them on Amazon, if I want to buy 18 of them!
    Thank you for posting that! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who gets obsessive cravings (Key Lime Pie ice cream anyone? )
    Count your blessings!

I want one of these in the worst way. I don't have an iPod, iPhone, or even a laptop, and I think I'm entitled to one of these.

Apple CEO Steve Jobs introduces new iPad, saying it's more intimate than laptop - Yahoo! Canada News
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3809082;

Here's a little dilemma that somebody else may have experienced. I have a '97 Nissan Maxima GLS that has a Bose radio/CD player/tape player in it. The problem I'm having is that a lot of times, when I try to turn down the volume, the "lower" I turn it, the louder it gets! And I can turn and turn, and never come to a stopping point. Any ideas?? It will blow you out of the car.
    Shay,

I have the same problem with my home stereo. It's fine when I use the remote - a problem when I try to turn it manually. One thing I did find, though, was if I turned the knob ever so gently, it did work. Good Luck.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3810181;
    I want one of these in the worst way. I don't have an iPod, iPhone, or even a laptop, and I think I'm entitled to one of these.

Apple CEO Steve Jobs introduces new iPad, saying it's more intimate than laptop - Yahoo! Canada News
    I was just reading about the iPad earlier. I have a small MacBook, which I love for my "traveling classroom/office, and was thinking of getting a Kindle or the Sony equivalent for on-the-go reading. Good thing I waited!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread