+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6578Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden;3789804;
    Oh my Lil Bit... and I was feeling sorry for myself cause I had to help bust the ponds for the cows. Be careful out there.
    Luckily we don't have any livestock this winter. We only had a few cows, 3 pigs and some chickens anyway, but they were all ready for market this fall, so we decided to not mess with the frozen waterers and other problems that having animals in this weather brings, and just replace the animals in the spring. Our granddaughter thinks the cows went to another farm to live, because our barn was too cold for them. I'm not sure how she would react if she knew one of her beloved cows is now in our freezer.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

That is the part of farming I don't like.
    We raise replacement breeder heifer's, cows and bulls. Most of ours do go to other farms.
    We don't like wintering them either, but the market for replacements was down due to the economy and low cattle prices, so we decided to hold this group of bred heifer's until spring. They are not due to calve until late Feb. and March and our weather will be better then. Besides, it makes me get out of the house and work off all those extra calories that I consumed during the Holidays.

I remember finding out in 1993 that NOBA was NOT an orphanage for bulls-my grandpa laughed so hard-he helped start it. I was told growing up that there was a milking parlor-found out they weren't collecting milk! I was 36 yrs old at the time-how naive was I?!! NOBA helps spread bull sperm.

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3790018;
    I remember finding out in 1993 that NOBA was NOT an orphanage for bulls-my grandpa laughed so hard-he helped start it. I was told growing up that there was a milking parlor-found out they weren't collecting milk! I was 36 yrs old at the time-how naive was I?!! NOBA helps spread bull sperm.
    I love how we are told stories that stick with us forever!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3789639;
    We don't laugh, but we do snicker a little. I saw some footage on the news of the snow and ice in Atlanta and it looked like it might be pretty tough driving for anyone, but especially for people not used to it. Everyone be safe out there.
    YOU may have snickered, but I giggled.....

MINUS 12 tonight here. My main worry is the pipes freezing. There was a lady here who went away for 5 days and came home to burst pipes. DId a lot of damage to her house.

Just reminded me of a pic I saw online awhile back. A opened garage door, 2 cars inside covered with ice to the point of being unrecognizable. all from burst pipes.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3790448;
    MINUS 12 tonight here. My main worry is the pipes freezing. There was a lady here who went away for 5 days and came home to burst pipes. DId a lot of damage to her house.

Just reminded me of a pic I saw online awhile back. A opened garage door, 2 cars inside covered with ice to the point of being unrecognizable. all from burst pipes.
    Keep a tap running (as far from the waters entrance point to the house as possible) with a stream that is a pencil lead width and you should be okay. As long as the water is moving it won't freeze.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I was just writing today's date and noticed that it could be written as a palindrome, 01-11-10. Okay, I'm a geek.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;3792457;
    I was just writing today's date and noticed that it could be written as a palindrome, 01-11-10. Okay, I'm a geek.
    How cool! Never thought of that, although I add up the digits in dates (numerology).

You should start a palindrome thread.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

My oldest daughter has palindromes for her first and last names. My favorite palindrome is: A man, a plan, a canal, Panama
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread