+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5858Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I think the only way I could wear a tube top at this point is as a head band or a leg warmer.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

at the tube top comments and Queenb's comment about the North laughing at us.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

My new daughter bought me some tube tops last year when I visited them-I gave them back at Christmas time. She thought it would be a cute thing to wear under a shirt. I told her w/ my body, if there wasn't support of some sort, it would be a cummerbund in an hour.

We ended up w/maybe 4" of snow, but it's supposed to blow today so who knows about the drifts. The drivers all need to take remedial classes in how to drive on snow and ice. Don't decide from 10 feet away that you need to get in the far turning lane and have to plow through traffic to get there, ...and then don't be surprised if the other drivers don't feel too kindly to you!

famita, that's how people drive here 365 days a year, so if anything ever does freeze, it's a major problem. Heck, no freezing necessary, regular old rain causes major problems here and Lord knows that is going to happen at least once a week for most of the year. I am convinced that ATL drivers somehow all have the same mental disorder that causes them to think they are the ONLY driver on the road and therefore signals, speed, planning, and caution are not needed.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3789596;
    at the tube top comments and Queenb's comment about the North laughing at us.
    We don't laugh, but we do snicker a little. I saw some footage on the news of the snow and ice in Atlanta and it looked like it might be pretty tough driving for anyone, but especially for people not used to it. Everyone be safe out there.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3789562;
    Hey y'all, it snowed about 2" here....wheee!
    Actually it's kind of cute; everything is white, it's actual snow and not ice, and it will get to stay for a couple of days without melting into a nasty dangerous layer of solid ice. (Shut up, North, we hear you laughing at us!)
    Awww, I'm jealous that you have coverage! I'm in TN, and it's been snowing here for two days - with kids out of school - yet only the driveways and rooftops look snowcovered. Not sure how that's possible, but with all this snow blowing around and no real accumulation, it feels like living in a snowglobe.
    remember to play

Quote Originally Posted by coltnlasma;3789640;
    Awww, I'm jealous that you have coverage! I'm in TN, and it's been snowing here for two days - with kids out of school - yet only the driveways and rooftops look snowcovered. Not sure how that's possible, but with all this snow blowing around and no real accumulation, it feels like living in a snowglobe.
    Be careful what you wish for... I braved the -20 windchill this morning to go out and take these pictures.
    1. The view out my back door.
    2. My patio.
    3. A huge drift in the back yard.
    4. Roxie's kennel, almost completely covered.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Holy crap, lil bit.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Hey now, I wasn't wishing quite that big. Lil Bit, that anyone can function in that amount of snow is unreal to me! Great pictures.
    remember to play

Oh my Lil Bit... and I was feeling sorry for myself cause I had to help bust the ponds for the cows. Be careful out there.

+ Reply to Thread