+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6454Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

for Ana Banana. Happy Birthday!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    happy Birthday Ana!!!!!

Strange!

Guess what has turned up in the Mississippi River in Memphis? A Manitee! Someone spotted him a day or so ago and we are waiting for a rescue boat from Florida to come for him. The boat is supposed to arrive sometime later today and try the rescue in the morning. The Manitee is about eight feet long and weighs 800-1000 pounds. The water is too cold for him and he needs to be moved as soon as possible.

Poor fellow must not be too bright. What a faulty sense of direction.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Happy Birthday, Sister Banana!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

That is strange Mudah. People think I'm crazy but I saw a news story about freshwater sharks in the Mississippi river. Apparently they had adapted to the freshwater where the mississippi meets the gulf. I believe it was bullhead or tigerhead sharks.

Our Manitee is now sort of stuck between two barges. He is taking way too many breaths and may be in trouble.I sure hope not.

CGN, many strange things are happening since the Katrina thing, I believe. The shark story doesn't surprise me.

Under normal conditions Manitees breath about every 15 minutes. Our visitor is breathing almost once a minute. The team from SeaWorld is expected here any time. I wish they'd hurry up about it and get him stabilized. I don't want him to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2116046;
    Under normal conditions Manitees breath about every 15 minutes. Our visitor is breathing almost once a minute. The team from SeaWorld is expected here any time. I wish they'd hurry up about it and get him stabilized. I don't want him to die.
    Keep us posted, Muduh! I manitees. They're one of my favorite animals. They're so cute! I hope they get him in time!
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Thanks for the birthday wishes. This was the first time I wasn't in the general list, and I got an e-mail with a birthday greeting from the Admin at FORT, along with a note telling me to come back for a visit since I hadn't been here in a while. Weird - I visit the FORT practically every day.

Anyway - Mudah that is an amazing, yet sad story. I hope the poor thing doesn't die.

I'll watch the news at 9 and let you all know how it's going.
    There is a crowd of people down there trying to keep an eye on him. The man who first discovered him hasn't left the river bank and says he won't until the Manitee heads for home. (wherever that is)

+ Reply to Thread