+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3781063;

Today we're going to take a drive up the coast to enjoy the sun, 70 temps, and gentle ocean breezes!
    I took the liberty of copying this from our local forcast just for you Ellen. Enjoy your weather.

Tonight...Bitterly cold. Mostly cloudy. Slight chance of flurries in the evening. Lows around 2 above. North winds 10 to 15 mph. Wind chill readings as cold as 12 below.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The ones on E-bay are Le Mutt's girlfriend, Fifi. Yesss, he has a woman. Department stores used to carry them, but I just can't find them now.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3781144;
    The ones on E-bay are Le Mutt's girlfriend, Fifi. Yesss, he has a woman. . .

There's a specific word for "woman" dogs . . .

(Your post just now reminded me of our neighbor when I was growing up; he raised field champion beagles and used to tease us whenever we'd call them anything but.)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Maybe Fifi could cross dress in a pinch..
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3780903;
    Well yuck....... it appears that at midnight not only will we be ringing in the new year, we will be losing all of our FOX channels on our cable. I so love the fact that we pay through the nose for crappy service, choppy tv, hardly any channels and the channels we do get are going to be cut due to the tantrum these companies are throwing.... well Happy New Year Time Warner! Grrrr
    Bug,

I have TW, too. And, I agree - they're the worst I've ever had - and I've had cable for many years and many different providers through the years. I heard on the news this morning, that they did come to terms - temporarily, at least - with FOX.
    May I ask if you have analog or digital? I still have analog, as I didn't want to have another cable box. But, it looks like soon they'll be all digital anyway. Is your service as bad with digital as mine is with analog? I ended up contacting my Councilman last year to get him to take action.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 01-01-2010 at 08:34 PM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3781238;
    Maybe Fifi could cross dress in a pinch..
    Just like Julie Andrews in Victor/Victoria!

I have TW too, and if you can imagine, they're actually better than RCN. At least with TW, I don't have 12+ hour outages every month and a half, as was the case for the last year of RCN. The dealbreaker was the outage that coincided with a Grey's Anatomy season finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3781296;
    I have TW too, and if you can imagine, they're actually better than RCN. At least with TW, I don't have 12+ hour outages every month and a half, as was the case for the last year of RCN. The dealbreaker was the outage that coincided with a Grey's Anatomy season finale.
    Missy,

What is RCN? Hard to imagine anything worse than TW, though!! In all the years I've had cable, they've been the worst of any carrier.

BTW, do you have analog or digital?
    Thanks
    Last edited by norealityhere; 01-01-2010 at 09:43 PM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Isn't everything digital since the FCC eliminated analog TV in June (or July? It was supposed to be February but was delayed.)? Regardless, I have TWC: "local basic + expanded cable." It doesn't require an additional box, and it doesn't have the premium channels nor what's in what they call "digital cable." I really haven't had any problems with them; whenever cable's been down for whatever reason, even a power outage, I give them a call, and they pro-rate my bill (give me a discount) for time lost from service. (Which is nice, since my high-speed Internet connection is from them as well.)

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3781315;
    Missy,

What is RCN? Hard to imagine anything worse than TW, though!! In all the years I've had cable, they've been the worst of any carrier.

BTW, do you have analog or digital?
    Thanks
    I have digital cable-- I thought we all had to convert by a certain date?

When I moved into my building, I had to choose between Time Warner and RCN. RCN is a provider that seems to focus on cities, since it doesn't exist in suburban CT where my parents live, but does in NYC and I also know friends in Boston who had it. It was fine for the first few months, but then we started having these incredibly random (not weather-related) service outages which would last for up to 12 hours or more. Once it went down, it was always, always down for the night and it was always both cable and internet. I used to go through FORT withdrawal! Those became more and more frequent until I switched to Time Warner, which has been much more reliable.

Interestingly, I mentioned the Time Warner-FOX negotiations at home and my mom said that as of Jan 1, Cablevision ceased to air the Food Network in our area. On Sunday mornings, she likes to watch Giada De Laurentiis and Barefoot Contessa while she irons, so I hope for her sake it's back soon. But it's not just TW in negotiations, it seems.

+ Reply to Thread