+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5929Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

To the Point

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3778413;
    I just had my worst Christmas ever. Well, worst adult Christmas, anyway. I got a really bad toothache on Christmas Eve and called my dentist's office only to find that they were closed (though they didn't post their holiday hours on their voicemail, annoyingly enough). Woke up Christmas morning in excruciating pain with the side of my face swollen to hideous proportions, only to discover that the dental emergency clinic was not open either. Fortunately I had several different sorts of painkillers saved up from last year's bout of shingles and a dental crisis earlier this year, so that helped. Anyway, I started auto dialling the emergency clinic at 4:00 on Boxing day and finally got through at 8:00. They told me to come for 10:00, but that I would have to wait for about five hours because there were apparently a lot of emergencies, and then they couldn't guarantee me a prescription for antibiotics, which is what I really need (need to clear up the infection before work can begin). I decided that I didn't want to do that and just kept up my painkiller regimen in the hope that my dentist would be available today. Nope. Still not open, and I have no freaking idea when they will be open because they didn't post their hours. When I finally get in to see them, I am going to forcefully bring up that point. Fingers crossed that they're open tomorrow.
    Here's hoping that you have gotten to a dentist by now. These things are nothing to play with. Besides being beyond painful they are dangerous.

The worst thing about this type situation is that an infection in your teeth/mouth/gums can be incredibly serious. I have one friend who ended up in the hospital and with permanent diabilities as a result of having a tooth go bad (hard to believe I know), and another had to have emergency surgery when they woke up one morning with serious tooth pain and a swollen jaw.

NCLurker, I've heard of people DYING from blood infections that began with bad teeth--you are absolutely correct, mouth infections are no joke!

Unklescott I just loved that story when I heard it--thanks for bringing it up here!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Well yuck....... it appears that at midnight not only will we be ringing in the new year, we will be losing all of our FOX channels on our cable. I so love the fact that we pay through the nose for crappy service, choppy tv, hardly any channels and the channels we do get are going to be cut due to the tantrum these companies are throwing.... well Happy New Year Time Warner! Grrrr
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3780903;
    Well yuck....... it appears that at midnight not only will we be ringing in the new year, we will be losing all of our FOX channels on our cable. I so love the fact that we pay through the nose for crappy service, choppy tv, hardly any channels and the channels we do get are going to be cut due to the tantrum these companies are throwing.... well Happy New Year Time Warner! Grrrr
    I'm thinking that if this isn't resolved by the time American Idol premieres for the season, FOX will cave. They won't want to take that kind of hit in the ratings, especially since where February sweeps are concerned, NBC has the Olympics, CBS has the Superbowl and ABC has LOST on Tuesdays against Idol. So they may not cruise to massive wins like they have in years past, and if they lose Time Warner, they'll automatically lose viewers.

Of course, I'm sure they're hoping that Time Warner loses a substantial number of subscribers between now and then.

I was thinking since it's mostly Los Angeles and New York they are cutting off, most of the big shows will try to move from FOX to another network if need be. There's no way this can be a forever thing. (I don't want to miss my House!!)
    Yup, with donuts!!

I have Time-Warner in San Diego. Fox is still on here. So is FX. They're delaying the "pull" to extend negotiations or whatever. (Having said that, I wish they'd pull Fox News . . .)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

As long as they leave SYTYCD, which is the only Fox show I watch, I think. Negotiations should be over in time for it I also think Fox will give it up. and that it's just the type of thing as when your usual hospital is in negotiations with the insurance company (for PPOs). The insurance company always sends little notices that our services at XYZ Hospital may be dropped, I think in hopes that a lot of people will call the hospital management in a panic. It's never actually happened, and I don't think Fox will be gone either. I look for something to be done very shortly, and while I don't watch House or American Idol. I'd hate for y'all to miss them!

Well, I am glad to see that everyone didn't party last night--or Ellen I guess you could have given you are on the west coast; I didn't either, went to bed at 11 but the steroids the doc put me on for a nasty case of bronchitis have me up raring to go--where (crazy, if I'm not careful, as they make very edgy and uptight if anything goes the least bit wrong) Luckily I come off them in a few days, before class starts. And since I felt like walking death since before Thanksgiving, it's great to be able to breathe.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Can anyone help me with where I can find a stuffed animal called Le Mutt? I have searched and searched and searched, with no success. I gave one to a little boy many, many years ago, and he still is close to that toy today, and he is in his 20s! I've finally found another little boy that I want to give Le Mutt to, but I can't find him anywhere.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3780998;
    . . . Well, I am glad to see that everyone didn't party last night--or Ellen I guess you could have given you are on the west coast . . .
    We didn't go out anywhere, just a quiet little party for two at home. Trader Joe's appetizers, bubbles from a local winery, leftover Christmas chocolates. Laughed our butts off watching the Three Stooges marathon on AMC.

Today we're going to take a drive up the coast to enjoy the sun, 70 temps, and gentle ocean breezes!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3781042;
    Can anyone help me with where I can find a stuffed animal called Le Mutt? I have searched and searched and searched, with no success. I gave one to a little boy many, many years ago, and he still is close to that toy today, and he is in his 20s! I've finally found another little boy that I want to give Le Mutt to, but I can't find him anywhere.
    I looked on Ebay, and there it is, in several styles. I'm not sure any are new, but most look good; the cheapest is about $30 ; they go up to $120 for what might be a special edition.

+ Reply to Thread