+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Sorry to hear that Rattus. I hope you're better now. Probably too late, but you could probably convince a walk in clinic to give you an antibiotic script. But ouch! Tooth stuff is the worst.

Oh Rattus that is so unfair! My aunt had that happen once and she just poked the side of her gums where the swelling was the worst and drained it (without swallowing of course). This didn't stop the infection but it helped the pain until she could get some antibiotics. Hope you feel better!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Your aunt is a brave woman, buglover!

I hope you find relief soon, rattus. I'm just wondering if your dentist's office is closed until after the new year, do you have a backup/alternate dentist.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am sooo blessed to have never have had to deal with dental pain (unless I was in a dental chair!).
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3778698;
    Oh Rattus that is so unfair! My aunt had that happen once and she just poked the side of her gums where the swelling was the worst and drained it (without swallowing of course). This didn't stop the infection but it helped the pain until she could get some antibiotics. Hope you feel better!
    I tried that once. It didn't help. What DID help was drinking boiling hot tea and the thing exploded enough to give me relief until I got to the dentist.

FORT Fogey

Rattus -- can't imagine a closed office without some message about a back-up in case of emergency. I'd bring up that point, too.

Be careful with the infection as it can spread. (Right now hubby is fighting an intestinal infection and the MDs are concerned that it does not spread, as he has a replacement aortic valve which is easily compromised, or so they say.)

I gather you live in Canada (??). Is there any access to hospital emergency rooms? Hope so. Wishing you the best.

MRD

Rattus, that is the worst. Facial pain is terrible. Dental pain is the worst, I've had my share over the past several months, so I really feel for you. My husband used one of my syringes (I have to take B-12 shots) and poked his gum with that to drain the infection until he could get an antibiotic.
    I hope you can get in to the dentist today. If not, see your reg. doc for a antibiotic. That's what my husband did when he couldn't get in to the dentist. They need to clear up the infection first as you said.
    That is just horrible. You'd think that people would make some sort of arrangements for emergencies over the holidays.
    Hope it all works out for you.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I read in Prevention magazine this morning that "You're most likely to be happy if... you have a sister. People with at least one female sibling reported better social support, more optimism, and greater coping abilities. Sisters appear to encourage cohesion in families." The other two indicators in the article were having a big grin in your college yearbook photo, and not glued to the tv.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3779040;
    Rattus -- can't imagine a closed office without some message about a back-up in case of emergency. I'd bring up that point, too.
    They did give the number of an emergency clinic, but it took me many hours to get through to them (I apparently woke some guy up at about 4:00 am who told me to call back at 8:00 am), and then they told me to come in at 10 but I would have to wait about five hours without a guarantee that I would get a prescription for antibiotics, which was all I needed at the moment.

I gather you live in Canada (??). Is there any access to hospital emergency rooms? Hope so. Wishing you the best.
    I did consider hitting the emergency room if there was no sign of abatement on Sunday morning, but the lump in my face had gone down a little and painkillers were keeping things more or less under control. At any rate, I finally got through to the dentist this morning at 8:30 (after dialling them every fifteen minutes since 6:00 am), and am heading out to see him at 10:40. I have never been so happy to be going to the dentist in my life. Though I wish it wasn't -10 out there - I'd just as soon not be going out at all.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3779057;
    I read in Prevention magazine this morning that "You're most likely to be happy if... you have a sister. People with at least one female sibling reported better social support, more optimism, and greater coping abilities. Sisters appear to encourage cohesion in families." The other two indicators in the article were having a big grin in your college yearbook photo, and not glued to the tv.
    I must be the exception. My sister is no longer a part of my life because her toxic behavior caused me nothing but heartache and grief. Now that we no longer speak, I am much happier. Oh and there was no family cohesion either but discord.

I have always wished I had a close relationship with a sister like so many that I know. But it is not meant to be and I have come to terms with that.

Rattus, glad to hear you finally are going to see the dentist and hope they are able to give you some relief.

I know your feeling about gladness in the face of pain.
    I once hurt my knee rather badly and the doctor came in with the biggest needle I had ever seen and said he was going to stick it in my knee, but it would feel better immediately. I was a tad apprehensive, but afterwards was never so happy to have a needle so large jabbed into my knee. :-)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread