+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6389Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3777937;
    We missed a big laugh--I was looking for nekkidness in those pictures too! With it that cold and snowy, I'm sure we didn't miss much, at all!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

. . . the dogs ran off with it and we had no turkey for dinner. . .
    So after the EMTs, did the family go to a Chinese restaurant for "Chinese turkey" and Fa-ra-ra-ra-ra?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3777868;
    Sorry Trust me, you didn't miss much.
    Especially with the cold weather, the snowballs & co. went into hiding.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3778251;
    So after the EMTs, did the family go to a Chinese restaurant for "Chinese turkey" and Fa-ra-ra-ra-ra?

No, we ate sandwiches.

My husband has to use up his vacation before the end of the year, so he has the whole week off. Now, don't get me wrong. I love the man to death. BUT... he is going to drive me insane this week. I have a horrible head cold, so that isn't helping my disposition any and we are already growling at each other.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Lil Bit, can't you send your hubbie to Home Depot or maybe the drug store to pick you up some medicine? Or give him a list of things you need done around the house, I bet he make himself scarce then! lol.

MRD

Oh, boy! Do I know THAT feeling.

Love mine to death too. But I do not recall anything in the marriage vows that said anything about "in sickness and in health and all the vacation days spent at home."

Mine's been on reduced hours, so although I love spending time with him, it's really hard to do lesson prep and various other work when he's around. He has a hard time with the concept of the "working" part of "working at home." Recently, I had a cold along with various administrative crap, prepping for WordMasters coaching, and a proofreading assignment. I gave him some money and sent him to the movies and lunch with one of his work buddies.

I just had my worst Christmas ever. Well, worst adult Christmas, anyway. I got a really bad toothache on Christmas Eve and called my dentist's office only to find that they were closed (though they didn't post their holiday hours on their voicemail, annoyingly enough). Woke up Christmas morning in excruciating pain with the side of my face swollen to hideous proportions, only to discover that the dental emergency clinic was not open either. Fortunately I had several different sorts of painkillers saved up from last year's bout of shingles and a dental crisis earlier this year, so that helped. Anyway, I started auto dialling the emergency clinic at 4:00 on Boxing day and finally got through at 8:00. They told me to come for 10:00, but that I would have to wait for about five hours because there were apparently a lot of emergencies, and then they couldn't guarantee me a prescription for antibiotics, which is what I really need (need to clear up the infection before work can begin). I decided that I didn't want to do that and just kept up my painkiller regimen in the hope that my dentist would be available today. Nope. Still not open, and I have no freaking idea when they will be open because they didn't post their hours. When I finally get in to see them, I am going to forcefully bring up that point. Fingers crossed that they're open tomorrow.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

So sorry Rattus. Hope you're in La La Land right now. You'd think they'd be open today with the New Year's holiday coming later this week.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread