+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5650Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

So what was it Gut????

Doxie, Waldo does not want a re-gift annoying toy. I think maybe Joey might like it though.

Calilily so sorry to hear the weather has ruined plans. Hope everything was nice for you anyway. Sometimes we just have to make the best out of the situation. We had a Christmas in Florida one year where the temps dropped to 28, there were rolling blackouts to keep up with the demand for electricity, our transformer blew during one of these, we were without power for 4 hours and never got the turkey cooked. Another year, my dad dropped the turkey on the pool deck (my mom was using a smoker to smoke it), the dogs ran off with it and we had no turkey for dinner. We did have the EMT's to help get my dad up off the pool deck where he fell and he had several cracked ribs. He fell again at 6 am the next morning in front of the Christmas tree, EMT's again and a 5 year old that was being held hostage in the bedroom and couldn't see what Santa brought until the EMT's checked out granddad and got him up off the floor. At the time, we thought these were all horrible happenings, but they soon became family lore and now we tell and retell the stories and laugh.
    Last edited by MRD; 12-27-2009 at 10:03 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3777815;
    So what was it Gut????

Doxie, Waldo does not want a re-gift annoying toy. I think maybe Joey might like it tho.
    I DON'T THINK SO- - PFFFT!.
    Calilily so sorry to hear the weather has ruined plans. Hope everything was nice for you anyway. Sometimes we just have to make the best out of the situation. We had a Christmas in Florida one year where the temps dropped to 28, there were rolling blackouts to keep up with the demand for electricity, our transformer blew during one of these, we were without power for 4 hours and never got the turkey cooked. Another year, my dad dropped the turkey on the pool deck (my mom was using a smoker to smoke it), the dogs ran off with it and we had no turkey for dinner. We did have the EMT's to help get my dad up off the pool deck where he fell and he had several cracked ribs. He fell again at 6 am the next morning in front of the Christmas tree, EMT's again and a 5 year old that was being held hostage in the bedroom and couldn't see what Santa brought until the EMT's checked out granddad and got him up off the floor. At the time, we thought these were all horrible happenings, but they soon became family lore and now we tell and retell the stories and laugh.
    It is amazing how each family thinks stuff only happens to them and years later these stories become hilarious and retold.

So what was it Gut????.
    A nice recipe file that can stand on the table and flip with clear plastic sleeves so you can fit the recipes in and write on both front and back. She wrote out my favorite recipes that she's made so far.
    We're having warm weather and rain today so I went out and broke up the piles from the last big snow at the end of the driveway so they can melt faster. I have 4 vehicles my kids are storing in my driveway. I hope it melts enough so I can move them all up to the very far end away from the street so if I need to have a plow service at some point, they're out of the way. One of them was supposed to be towed by his father before the first snowfall, but he didn't get around to it and I had to pile snow around it when I shovelled our one big snowfall so far. It was like cement, so that truck wasn't going anywhere. Time for me to start nagging again before we get another one. :eyeroll
    Count your blessings!

Wow! Your poor dad!

I agree, I cried almost all day on Christmas eve but took a long therapeutic shower and washed the tears and 'sorry for myself' feelings away in time to enjoy Christmas day. I spent the whole day talking to friends and family who were all stranded and seperated like I was so in a way we all connected through our lonely holiday. It turned out really nice.

The most interesting part of my Christmas was when one of my neighbors got drunk and ran naked past my apartment several times... The first pic below is Christmas morning looking out on my porch. The second is a truck on the street. Our snow total for Christmas Eve and Christmas day is 20.5 inches.

Hope everyone had a great holiday.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

MRD

Drunk naked neighbors for Christmas. What more could you ask for?

(I really thought the way you worded your post that the photos would be of the streaker. Very disappointed. )
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3777856;

(I really thought the way you worded your post that the photos would be of the streaker. Very disappointed. )
    So did I!

And talk about a white Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3777856;

Sorry Trust me, you didn't miss much.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3777868;
    Sorry Trust me, you didn't miss much.
    We missed a big laugh--I was looking for nekkidness in those pictures too! With it that cold and snowy, I'm sure we didn't miss much, at all!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

Calilily we must be gettinhg the leftovers on the snow. It's coming down pretty hard and it's suppose to keep it up until tomorrow morning. At least the wind isn't blowing, so there are no drifts.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Hope it isn't too bad there gracie. I just spent the last half our digging my car out so that I won't be too covered in snow walking into work tomorrow. The engine started fine and that's all I care about.

+ Reply to Thread