+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6755Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Lots of excitement around my house tonight. Wrapping presents makes lots of rattling paper noise for the kitties. Of course I'm throwing paper wads in the floor for them to bat around.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3775849;
    Bummer! Missed it!
    The History Channel or History International is doing Woodstock then and now tonight. I have it set to record as I will be watching something that involves "you'll shoot your eye out" as part of our Christmas Eve tradition
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I haven't stopped by here for a while. It is great to have some time off from work! I got up early today to get some cinnamon rolls rising and I have some spiced apple cider heating up. My daughter and I plan to spend the morning baking cookies and wrapping gifts. It is nice not to go anywhere this year. We may watch Elf tonight, not sure yet. We could get the Wii out instead and spend some time bowling!

Mr. C was at Woodstock - I will try and catch some of that.

As for the weather, normally we would be in Southern California with family, enjoying those warm temps. I love Christmas at the beach! Ellen, I can relate to your version of Christmas. But the 800 mile drive would have been treacherous this year - lots of snow filled passes. It is cold here in the Northwest, but not bad right now - just in the 30's and 40's, so getting around to the store, etc is pretty nice.

Mona and Joey used to love playing when i would wrap presents.

Henry likes to "help" wrap presents too

Unfortunately, we let him unwrap his gift from "grandma" in California yesterday. It is the Most Annoying Dog Toy Ever..... It is a ball that is motion activated and it screams and barks and growls and says "come here" and "good dog".... Henry, of course is terrified of it. Mr. Doxie put it in a drawer in the kitchen but every time we open or close a cabinet or put something on the counter, that thing starts barking I'm planning to re-gift it!

Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

That's funny! In my twisted family, something like that would become the annual traveling re-gift!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I hope everyone is having a good Christmas eve.

Unfortunately my family's Christmas has been cancelled due to the weather here in South Dakota. The interstate is closed from boarder to boarder thanks to the worst blizzard in more than 30 years. 20 inches of snow and 50-60mph winds. Though I am a bit bummed about missing out on the fun it is kind of beautiful in a North Pole sort of way here.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3776866;
    I hope everyone is having a good Christmas eve.

Unfortunately my family's Christmas has been cancelled due to the weather here in South Dakota. The interstate is closed from boarder to boarder thanks to the worst blizzard in more than 30 years. 20 inches of snow and 50-60mph winds. Though I am a bit bummed about missing out on the fun it is kind of beautiful in a North Pole sort of way here.
    Whoa! that storm really nailed you. Here in Milwaukee it is raining after a snow storm yesterday. The weather has been strange the last 5 years.

FORT Fogey

A Happy Christmas Day to anyone who is posting on here today.

Sorry to hear about all the snow-cancelled celebrations. We got ours last weekend and although there are piles of snow everywhere, all the roads are now clean, even the side streets.

Wishing all my fellow posters a very Happy New Year.

Merry Christmas everyone.
    Andrea Bocelli is singing Christmas carols to me.
    We had a lovely Christmas eve dinner prepared by my daughter while my son and I played a hysterical game of "squiggle" (invented by my dad when they took us to restaurants as kids - one person makes a random squiggle and the other has to make a picture out of it). We opened one present each as is the tradition here. Now they're all sleeping while Santa fills the stockings and starts breakfast. My daughter is making bacon polenta, but I heard her up finishing my present at 2 a.m. so I'm letting her sleep while I start the bacon. Can't wait to see what kept her up so late.
    Hope you all keep safe in the wild weather situations. We're mild and sunny here.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread