+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6180Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Aaaah, the joy of living in balmy Canada . It's been a bit nippy here (0+/- celcius), and there has been some precipitation, but not enough to keep me from cycling to work. I have my fingers crossed that I will make it through the winter without having to take transit once.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

We were in Hawai'i a year ago January. Took a cruise around the islands. It was not warm. I'd rather go to Mexico or Aruba (in Aruba the temp is 84 degrees F all year around -- delightful).

I'll lead the delegation to Aruba if anyone wants to join in.

Aruba sounds lovely to me! One of my co-workers gets to spend the whole month of January in Brazil. I'm definately jealous!

Rattus- Wow, you cycle even in winter? Kudos to you!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3765986;
    Rattus- Wow, you cycle even in winter? Kudos to you!
    I figure that if I have to walk down to Queen Street and wait for the streetcar and still get to work at the same time I would by bike, I might as well be moving. Plus, I don't have anyone resting their bag (or their ass) on my shoulder, it's a lot cheaper, and I don't have to listen to people loudly discussing the minutiae of their lives on their cell phones with someone they're going to be seeing in half an hour anyway.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3766006;
    .......................and I don't have to listen to people loudly discussing the minutiae of their lives on their cell phones with someone they're going to be seeing in half an hour anyway.

Now there is a good subject for an entire thread.....

I realized yesterday I hadn't done any Christmas shopping since I sent off the TG gifts for siblings and their kids. So I went out today for my own kids and secret santa, etc. So now I have to organize, wrap, and keep track of where I put everything. I lost one present last year that I still haven't found!
    Count your blessings!

Gutmutter, that is a family tradition at my house. I just tucked my gifts away thinking the same thing, "don't lose them this time!" I guess I could wrap them and put them under the tree, but it still seems a bit early. And I don't have many gifts (but they are good ones!) I am trying to buy good gifts that are also practical.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Yikes! I'm very meticulous about the things that I do so losing one thing sends me in a tailspin. Hell, up until recently I had receipts from 3 years ago, and I lost a JC Penney receipt last week and I'm still fuming.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Can anyone enlighten me as to why, if I don't take my 24-hour allergy medicine every night, I have dizzy spells and ringing in one ear? I am sick of taking this stupid medicine every night. There is a noticeable difference when I do take it. Thought somebody here might have some experience. I don't go back to the doc until January....and not a second before, if I can help it.

Signed,
    Flaky-skinned Shay
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3767306;
    Can anyone enlighten me as to why, if I don't take my 24-hour allergy medicine every night, I have dizzy spells and ringing in one ear? I am sick of taking this stupid medicine every night. There is a noticeable difference when I do take it. Thought somebody here might have some experience. I don't go back to the doc until January....and not a second before, if I can help it.

Signed,
    Flaky-skinned Shay
    I used to get really bad rhinitis and sinusitis. Mostly, I got the ringing and what I call "quad sound" in my ear (s). It helped considerably if I took the medication.
    If you don't take the meds, you will have the problems, as so much of it is due to the imbalance in the inner ear - which affects balance / equilibrium / etc.
    Solution - take your meds.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread