+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6573Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Good for them! Our area humane society is overrun with dogs right now. A couple months ago there was a raid on a puppy mill just outside the city and they took over 200 dogs from it! Some of them were pregnant so I think the grand total now that they've had puppies is around 240 or so. I'd love a dog but don't think it would do as well in an apartment as a cat would. Dogs need space to run and be outside. Maybe around the new year I'll see if they have any kittens avaliable.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3764970;
    It's strange for me to think that my kids worry about me when I've been the one worrying about them for their whole lives.
    Isn't that great? It warms my heart so much when my kids do that.

I take it all back - I HATE snow! Especially when it's 6-7 inches of high-density cement pretending to be snow! Ow! My back!
    Count your blessings!

We didn't get any snow but the temperature dropped from a high of 52° to 26° now. We've had high winds gusting up to 50 mph so the wind chill (11° right now) is a killer. It's getting down to 18° overnight with a high tomorrow of only 20°.

We are having some sustained frigid weather here in the mild Pacific Northwest - low teens at night and in the 20's during the day. Thankfully, it is dry so we are just freezing but don't have to deal with icy roads...And it is sunny!

Right now our temp is at -6 with a wind chill of -28. To be honest, once it gets below zero it all feels the same to me. I am dreading going to work, hopefully the car starts!

Anyone up for a trip to Mexico or Hawaii for a few months?
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

MRD

34 right now, going to 51 for the high. Low of 27 tonight with a high of 46 tomorrow and a chance of snow flurries on Sat.
    This is actually really cold for us in Dec.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3764975;
    she called the animal shelter and they said they never have kittens because they have a standing order from the nearest big city to give them any kittens they get. So many people want them and can't find any. And yet, the other day on the news a regional animal shelter said they were doing 35 spay/neuters a day. I guess the whole supply and demand concept is out of whack.
    Someone should organize a rescue ride down South then--there are thousands of kittens in every state, every county, that will never be loved; they get put to sleep. And that's with groups and clinics spaying and neutering as fast as they can. I am absolutely serious; there are groups that take puppies North, but I've never heard of it for cats. I'm out of work--wanna take delivery of a couple bushels of kittens when the weather warms up?
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I'm up for Mexico or Hawaii Calilily. It was -11 when I got up this morning.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3765624;
    Right now our temp is at -6 with a wind chill of -28. To be honest, once it gets below zero it all feels the same to me. I am dreading going to work, hopefully the car starts!

Anyone up for a trip to Mexico or Hawaii for a few months?
    I'll pack my Speedo now
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread