+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5834Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

FORT Fogey

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3760966;
    I opened a new bottle of liquid Cascade Dishwasher Detergent today, only to find that the contents were crunchy! Called the company and, boy, do they ever want to send me coupons...otherwise they were of no help. How did I miss this??? I really don't want to go all of the way back to Sam's. Growl! Grumble!

Offering coupons has become a common practice because they're not going to pay you to send the product back and they know you're not going to pay the postage yourself. It's possible someone at the store opened the bottle and a lot of air got in, thus drying out the product and then an employee noticed it was open, and closed it. Not all customers are considerate. I'm not sure the store would take it back (???). It is annoying and I don't blame you for being upset.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The only good thing about the coupons is that one will be for a free replacement bottle, but I don't know what size it will be, since this one came from Sam's...and the products are ginormous there, plus I don't think they take coupons. The other coupons will be for money off.

Update: I put this huge crunchy bottle on top of my electric oil radiator, and it is now liquid again. It wasn't frozen (hasn't been cold enough, and had been in the house for 2 days before I discovered the problem, it never sweated the condensation while it was on the radiator. The physical property just changed. The customer rep could find nothing in his computer addressing this problem; I figured I didn't have anything to lose by heating it up.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

That's using your noggin'.

I'd have never thought of that.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Snow day! Woo hoo! Best part is that around noon it is supposed to go to slush for a while and then turn to rain, so hopefully some of it will wash away and the roads will clear themselves before I have to go out again tomorrow.
    Count your blessings!

Same for me Gut! Today is my second snow day in a row thanks to the blizzard. I don't mind not going out today as the temp is only 1 and the wind chill is -26! (not to mention my car is buried in a snow bank )

Hope everyone has a good day!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

I love snow days. I'd rather have a few random days off during winter than a longer summer vacation (I'm a teacher). I figured we'd have one from the weather report so I went to the library and got some books on CD. I've found that to be a great motivator to get work done while I listen. I slept in until 5:15, verified on tv that we had a snow day, had my coffee and toast, popped in the first book CD. Then I made a crockpot of soup, a party thermos of African chai, loaded the dishwasher, started cleaning out the room off the kitchen (my big project I'm starting today), and sat down to make a list of smaller projects for when the "junk room" overwhelms me. I have kittens that will be ready for homes next week, so I'm spending time off and on cuddling them. They hide in the junk room so I need to get them used to humans.
    Count your blessings!

We're still in the middle of a full blown blizzard here. I think it's still snowing, but hard to tell with the wind blowing so hard. It's not that cold yet, but the cold that you have this morning Calilily is headed my way I think. Good day to hole up in the house where it's safe and warm.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Aww, I wish you lived closer Gut, I would be more than happy to adopt one of your kittens! Being stuck in the house like this is making me realize how lonely it is to live by myself.

Hopefully things are just about over for you Lil Bit! Did you make it to and from work okay the other night? I don't think we had one this bad last winter. At least our meteorologists are tickled pink. They are practically jumping up and down like children in a candy store!

Not looking forward to digging my car out...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

I made it home from work okay. The storm was just starting to get bad and my boss decided to close early so we could all get home safely. We weren't busy anyway. Right before we closed, my son and his girlfriend walked in. I teased him about having to go out and play with his new 4 wheel drive in the snow. So, I followed him home, and made it with no problem. After we got here, his GF told me that the reason they went out was because my son was worried about me and wanted to make sure that I got home alright. He's such a good kid. It's strange for me to think that my kids worry about me when I've been the one worrying about them for their whole lives.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3764963;
    Aww, I wish you lived closer Gut, I would be more than happy to adopt one of your kittens! Being stuck in the house like this is making me realize how lonely it is to live by myself.
    They both have homes. There's a real kitten shortage in our area and I always have more takers than I have kittens. The woman taking the long-haired black female said she called the animal shelter and they said they never have kittens because they have a standing order from the nearest big city to give them any kittens they get. So many people want them and can't find any. And yet, the other day on the news a regional animal shelter said they were doing 35 spay/neuters a day. I guess the whole supply and demand concept is out of whack.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread