+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6260Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

FORT Fogey

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Oh, wait!!! I'll ask my son. He is an automotive engineer!! I am sure he'll know!!!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3743014;
    Oh I can definitely relate to that. None of the drivers in this small town ever bother using their turn signals as they assume you already know where they're going.
    I was going to put that but you beat me too it. I no longer live in a small town, but I am from one and that is exactly correct. You couldn't walk for exercise because 6 people would drive by and ask if you needed a ride home.

The only place anyone uses turn signals is in Florida, when the elderly drivers keep theirs on constantly and you are left wondering if they really are going to turn or not. Just when you decide that they are driving along with the turn signal just blinking away, they surprise you and TURN! But only after driving 8 miles with it blinking. Most wrecks in Florida are due to this.
    Last edited by MRD; 11-04-2009 at 08:09 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm selling the building lot (yard) next to my house so the bank sent an appraiser to my house today to make sure it wasn't going to make my mortgage worth more than the house minus lot. It's amazing how much justifying was going on in my head before she came. I wanted to tell her... I had cancer, I went to Africa and came home with a lung problem that caused asthma, I broke my leg - each w/in a year of each other. I knew she wouldn't care and that it wouldn't affect the square footage and condition of the house, but it was interesting to observe my mind at work. It turned out she knew my son from swim team and was very chatty about my kids and hers. I guess it's natural to be defensive when someone is coming into your home with a clipboard and an eagle eye. I'm a horrible housekeeper, which doesn't bother me, but every once in a while I have to view my house through another's eyes. Ouch.
    Count your blessings!

I'm currently 39,000 feet over Kansas flying home from AZ. Southwest is testing Wi Fi on 4 planes. This certainly helps the time go by faster. 1 hour, 21 minutes to go out of a 3 hour flight.

I'm wishing you all a Safe and Happy Thanksgiving!

For those of you in Michigan or Ohio this is a great way to donate to the Leukemia society and doesn't even cost you a penny.
    The Kroger Community Rewards program lets you register your Kroger Plus Shopper’s Card on Kroger - My Kroger - Community Rewards and select LLS as your charity of choice. Kroger will issue donations to us quarterly for 5% of the purchases from Kroger Plus Shopper’s Cards linked to LLS.

Visit Kroger - My Kroger - Community Rewards and register your Kroger Plus Shopper’s Card for the program as follows:

•On the home page, click on your state (for most of us, this will be Ohio).

•On the next page, click on Sign In/Register under the word Welcome at the top right of the page.

•On the next page, enter your email address and select a password.

•On the next page, under the word Participant, click on Enroll

•On the next page, Step 1 of 3 is to enter your Kroger Plus Shopper’s Card number, found on the back of your Plus card. Then click Save Changes.

•On the next page, Step 2 of 3 is to provide your address and phone number, then click on Save Changes.

•On the next page, Step 3 of 3 is to enter our number 82253 in Find Your Organization, then press Search. You will see The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society name appear in Select Your Organization. Save your selection at the bottom of the page, and you’re ready to start shopping on May 1.

If you have any questions or encounter problems registering your card, please feel free to contact Chuck Miller at LLS by calling 614-476-7194, ext. 257. You can also contact Chuck by email: chuck.miller@lls.org

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I opened a new bottle of liquid Cascade Dishwasher Detergent today, only to find that the contents were crunchy! Called the company and, boy, do they ever want to send me coupons...otherwise they were of no help. How did I miss this??? I really don't want to go all of the way back to Sam's. Growl! Grumble!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

It's a beautiful rainy day, clouds rolling, a drink for the grass, squirrels gathering, dogs chasing, raindrops big as marbles. I love these days, hunkering down at home, playing more than usual. Sunshine is wonderful, but rain is magic. We are all so fortunate to have health, time, and energy to come here and play. Happy Holidays to everyone out there in FORTland, in case I forget later. Life is beautiful.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

I had a good day today. I went to see the movie The Blind Side with my daughter in law, subway for a sandwich and shopping at Kohls. We're going to try to get together every
    Wednesday.

I try to get together every week with different family member also Unklescott. Reads like you had a good time.

+ Reply to Thread