+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5650Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3742185;
    Gut, it's ok to repress, but we'll just keep on re-repressing them!
    Maybe you should invest in one of these. No more towel issues!
    Body Dryer — Body Dryer — Triton Showers for the Homeowner
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie;3741889;
    We did that too and I loved it. We used to use crayon shavings in wax paper, too. Could be an ironing disaster, but the effect of the melted crayon wax was like a kid version of stained glass.
    I can still remember one of the worst "in trouble" moments I ever got into was after doing this. My dad wore white dress shirts to work and my mom started ironing them and they came out multicolored as I had done that wax paper thing with crayons and gotten it all over the bottom of the iron.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3741574;

I agree with GuardianAngel that things happen for a reason. But you can be cautious at the same time.
    That was pretty much what I meant; I'd just be very careful, especially as a person living alone, about letting such a person know where I lived, etc. for quite a long time. You don't have to reject the whole idea of being a mentor or supporter, but the plan of bringing her to your home was what bothered me so much; I'd move very, very slowly on that part.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I have to laugh at that a little bit. Obviously some of you don't live in as small a town as I do. Where I live, everyone knows where everyone else lives, and probably what they had for breakfast too.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3742987;
    I have to laugh at that a little bit. Obviously some of you don't live in as small a town as I do. Where I live, everyone knows where everyone else lives, and probably what they had for breakfast too.
    Oh I can definitely relate to that. None of the drivers in this small town ever bother using their turn signals as they assume you already know where they're going.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3743014;
    Oh I can definitely relate to that. None of the drivers in this small town ever bother using their turn signals as they assume you already know where they're going.
    Since you mentioned turn signals, this is not confined to small towns. It happens everywhere....I have even observed police cars not using their turn signals. A fine example for the young drivers!! Sure would save a lot of gasoline if we didn't have to sit waiting to wonder what these folks are going to do. JMHO.

I think turn signals are actually illegal in Metro Atlanta; fines to be doubled if you aren't on the phone when you get stopped.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

What is a turn signal? Is that one of those car myths like 'you need to change your summer air for winter air in your tires' or 'blinker fluid'?

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3743411;
    What is a turn signal? Is that one of those car myths like 'you need to change your summer air for winter air in your tires' or 'blinker fluid'?
    No no no no no -- a "turn signal" is some kind of sign from above (or some of us - below) that your windshield washer fluid is going to "turn bad"
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3743418;
    No no no no no -- a "turn signal" is some kind of sign from above (or some of us - below) that your windshield washer fluid is going to "turn bad"
    Ohh! Okay, good to know.

+ Reply to Thread