+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;3738948;
    Mine is White Christmas. over and over.
    I agree. Bing Crosby is one of my all time favorite actors. I can watch (and listen to him sing!) White Christmas over and over non stop without getting sick of it.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

This is hysterical.

Top 10 Signs You are a Weight Watcher at Halloween

10. You know how many door knocks it takes to earn an Activity POINT
    9. You're the only Power Ranger in the neighborhood with a pedometer and a POINTS finder.
    8. You ask each house if they mind if you step on their scale - just to compare.
    7. You ask to trade candy corn for the real stuff.
    6 When someone drops a candy bar in your bag, you yell out the # of POINTS
    5. Your costume has a handy water bottle holder so you can meet your water requirements for the day.
    4. You ask to use the bathroom every 3rd house because of #5.
    3. At the end of the night, you sort your candy by POINT value
    2. You ask for high fiber candy only.
    1. Your goodie bag has a half filled out weekly journal taped to it.

We love to pop popcorn and watch Christmas Vacation.
    I love it when they cut the Christmas tree. I've been there with Mr. ING
    We love ELF too. Will Ferrell is so funny.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3738818;
    People have called my SIL Clark Griswold because of her Christmas decorations. She never learned that there is a line you can pass between decorated and gaudy. Someone told me last year that there are only two things that can be seen from outer space... the great wall of China and my SIL's Christmas lights!!

I do love the movie. If you get a chance to, Calilily, watch it. You won't regret it. I love what happens to the snooty neighbors next door, when the huge shard of ice goes flying through their window.
    I actually just heard on some science show my husband was watching that the one about the Great Wall is false, because the color of it makes it blend in with the landscape around it.

So your SIL has the distinction of being the only thing on earth seen from outspace.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3739499;
    I actually just heard on some science show my husband was watching that the one about the Great Wall is false, because the color of it makes it blend in with the landscape around it.

So your SIL has the distinction of being the only thing on earth seen from outspace.
    She would love that! Constantly being the center of attention seems to be her goal in life.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

My favorite Christmas movie is It's a Wonderful Life. Even though it's not really a "Christmas" movie per se, they show it at Christmas time.

My favorite movie of all time is Bells of St Mary w/Bing.

I was just looking through a catalog ("What on Earth") while waiting for trick or treaters and saw a President Obama chia pet. What is this world coming to?
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Those made the news. They've been removed from Walgreens and Rite Aid, and probably other places. Seems they were deemed offensive. I did hear that the President is a fan, though.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I went to get gas yesterday and my favorite all time student was pumping. She had the most incredible voice and a brilliant mind, but she was making bad choices about who she was running with and drugs, etc. Her father died from cancer cursing her (she shared stories with me because I was her advisor). She went to a charter art school and got kicked out of there. I lost track of her, but would occasionally see her at the high school musical events and she would always be happy to see me. I think I must have made some kind of impression on her. Anyway, now she is in college in international studies (I teach world languages and cultures, so I like to think maybe I DID influence her). Here's my question: I would like to encourage her. Maybe take her under my wing a little, if she wants. I don't want it to come off as weird or anything. She's maybe 21 or 22 now. Would it be untoward to invite her to lunch at a local establishment to hear more about her studies? She's looking for work and I could use someone to help me sort and organize as I unload all my STUFF. Would offering to pay her for work along those lines in my home be appropriate? She was eager to tell me what she's doing when I saw her yesterday, but there were other cars being serviced and we only had a few quick snatches of conversation. I ended with, "I always knew you'd go far!". I'd really like feedback.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread