+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6258Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Wow! Sounds like everyone is busy! Sorry about your mom and son Margaritaville. I hope they both are on the mend soon. This is my first weekend free. I usually have no social life, but the last 3 weekends have been packed. I've only managed to read 3 or 4 books on my Kindle! I'm going out on a jaunt with a friend this afternoon. I need to finish any outdoor work on the yard and barn before it gets too cold. Then I can focus on all the STUFF I have to get rid of inside over the holidays and winter. I thought I had a 3-day weekend coming up with Veterans' Day, but it is in the middle of the week this year. Listen to me... I'm babbling.
    Count your blessings!

I'm glad you asked that question, I was wondering where everyone was too! Glad to know that everyone is okay, but just busy.
    We have been busy with end of the season harvesting.
    All the rain has really caused us problems. We haven't been able to get the corn and soybeans out of the fields. There is one more cutting of hay to go. The rain has caused fly season to be really bad this year, and even though we have the cows vacinated for Pinkeye, they are still getting it. The cows that come down with pinkeye, have to be separated from the rest of the herd, put in the barn, given shots, and meds on their feed.
    I've been running the cow hospital.
    I'm ready for some Sunshine.
    Margaritaville sending your mom and son healing thoughts.
    MRD wow! good luck

Wow, inthegarden, you have been super busy! I have been patting myself on the back because I cleared out my front beds and got the garage cleaned up for winter so that the cars have a frost-free home I'm tired just reading how much hard work a farm is. That's interesting that you can vaccinate cows for Pinkeye. I hope things settle down for you soon, and your "cow patients" get rid of their goopy eyes.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Poor raggedy cows. I hope things get better.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3729430;
    Where is everybody? This thread is usually hopping!
    I'm echoing this sentiment!

I came down with swine flu on Monday afternoon and I've been confined to my bed ever since, so I've spent many an hour on the internet this week. Unfortunately, my great plan to catch up on all of the fall tv hasn't gone quite as I'd hoped, because my attention span lasts about the length of the average sitcom if I'm lucky, so it's been a lot of sleeping and internet so far.

Anything exciting going on in the outside world?

After a 6-year lapse, I have health insurance again. It may be the best benefit of surviving a year as a part-time employee of WalMart.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Good for you, Newf!

Missy, my daughterinlaw was just diagnosed w/H1N1 also. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Missyboxers the positive side is, maybe since you have H1N1 now, you won't be sick during the Holiday's, and you can enjoy them. Hope you feel better soon.
    famita Well wishes to your daughter-in-law.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3734336;
    After a 6-year lapse, I have health insurance again. It may be the best benefit of surviving a year as a part-time employee of WalMart.
    Good for you.

Just had ny daughter tested yesterday for the H1n1 and she is negative. She's been sick for a couple days and felt so bad yesterday we took her to the ER.
    Then in the night, I woke up with her stomach bug.
    But she had fever, sore throat, coughing and upset stomach. They don't know what she has, but they know what it isn't.

Famita, hope your DIL is better soon.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

ITG, This is true. I would be crushed to have this during Christmas or something. The good news is that I'm feeling a lot better this morning. Lingering congestion and the occasional cough, but this has cleared up in less time than I remember regular seasonal flu taking. It's a lot more manageable now that the body aches are gone.

Famita, I hope your daughter-in-law gets healthy again soon too!

+ Reply to Thread