+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6170Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I've actually yelled at an older lady at the front of the line for holding things up!!! ("Hey! Some of us have places to go!!!") Of course, she was a friend of my mother's and we've known each other since I was a little kid and used to play with her daughter!! We both cracked up! We had been chatting for about an hour, before that, in the store.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My husband is terribly impatient when it comes to waiting in check out lines. He will go from line to line, trying to find the one that's moving the fastest. But, to me, most lines move slowly. And occasionally, they come to a dead stop. That's just part of life that we all have to deal with so I just find it easier to send him out to get the car and have him pick me up out front. Then I wait in line in peace and quiet... alone.

I have to confess to getting irritated at our local Dollar General though. It's not that big of a store, but they do have two check out lines. Not that they ever use them both. It seems like, no matter how many people are standing in line waiting, they will NOT open another check out. And while you're standing there juggling all your purchases from arm to arm, you can watch their workers wandering around the store or stocking shelves or doing whatever. I would think that it would be more important for them to keep their customers happy by opening up another register to get people moved through there quickly than it is to stock the shelves. But that's just me I guess. As a result, I don't shop there very often, and when I do, I try to go when I know they won't be very busy.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I have started doing a lot of shopping around 2:30-3:30 pm when all the kids are getting picked up from school. The stores seem to be a lot quieter at this time. My favourite grocery store is dead during pick up time, and it's a nice peaceful time to shop

That's a great idea. Thanks! I saw cranberries in the grocery store this week and picked up a bag. I'm making cranberry pudding right now! I usually only make that around the holidays, but I thought I'd treat myself. It is the old English concept of a pudding - steamed bread-type thing sweetened with molasses. Then you put a butter/sugar/cream/vanilla hard sauce on top. The contrast of the cranberry/molasses with the rich sauce sends your taste buds spinning. Can't wait!
    Count your blessings!

Where is everybody? This thread is usually hopping!
    I'm kicking myself. I just wasted half an hour on the phone with a company that gave me the impression it was a government agency helping me lower my credit card interest (which is insanely high because of my daughter's student loans I co-signed that she got behind on). I talked to 4 different people and asked each one if I had to buy something, pay a fee, what they were getting out of it, etc. and was told over and over that there was no fee. The 4th person verifying it all was going over what would be small print if it were a written contract and I heard the word $900 fee. I stopped her and said, could you repeat that? To the point, I told them I was not interested and immediately called my credit card company and reported it and wanted it on record that I did not authorize any charges from them. *kick, kick* <---that's me kicking myself.
    International Card Services. If you get a call from them, hang up.
    Count your blessings!

So sorry my dear - life has been ho hum, but I am enjoying it.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3729430;
    Where is everybody? This thread is usually hopping!
    Teaching. Dealing with high-maintenance clients. Revising lesson/tourist info packets. Gearing up for WordMasters any week now. The usual, but all at once for some reason.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3726557;
    My husband is terribly impatient when it comes to waiting in check out lines. He will go from line to line, trying to find the one that's moving the fastest. But, to me, most lines move slowly. And occasionally, they come to a dead stop. That's just part of life that we all have to deal with so I just find it easier to send him out to get the car and have him pick me up out front. Then I wait in line in peace and quiet... alone.

I have to confess to getting irritated at our local Dollar General though. It's not that big of a store, but they do have two check out lines. Not that they ever use them both. It seems like, no matter how many people are standing in line waiting, they will NOT open another check out. And while you're standing there juggling all your purchases from arm to arm, you can watch their workers wandering around the store or stocking shelves or doing whatever. I would think that it would be more important for them to keep their customers happy by opening up another register to get people moved through there quickly than it is to stock the shelves. But that's just me I guess. As a result, I don't shop there very often, and when I do, I try to go when I know they won't be very busy.
    I am like your husband, so I get sent outside to get the car if my husband is with me. If I'm alone, I'm stuck.

ALL the Dollar Generals I have ever been in work the same way. Must be store policy. I don't shop there that often anymore either because of it and it used to be a go to store for me for quite a few things.

Um, have had a mid-term, a paper, a lecture to give to a ladies club, an essay to write and about 600 pages to read. I think this is the longest I have ever been away from FORT voluntarily.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I just haven't had time for it either. Between my mom being in the hospital for a month now, I am running ragged trying to maintain her house, bills, and animals, not to mention the week and a half I lived in the ICU with her... my son also chose that time to come down with pneumonia Work at the pharmacy has been nutso with flu and swine flu patients all over the place. Ugh... There has GOT to be an end in sight somewhere.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3729648;
    I just haven't had time for it either. Between my mom being in the hospital for a month now, I am running ragged trying to maintain her house, bills, and animals, not to mention the week and a half I lived in the ICU with her... my son also chose that time to come down with pneumonia Work at the pharmacy has been nutso with flu and swine flu patients all over the place. Ugh... There has GOT to be an end in sight somewhere.
    Sending you good thoughts for you and your family.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread