+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6958Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

It is scientifically proven that whatever line I get in will be held up by
    1. a price check
    2. the use of a Wic check by someone who's never used one, so all wic items must then be pulled out, rescanned and rung up separately
    3. A change in cashier for dinner/lunch/break
    4. A cashier that has entered something incorrectly causing the cash register to lock and a manager with a key located to resolve the problem
    5. A sale where you need 3 items and they have only 2, so someone is sent back to get item #3
    6. A debit/credit card that is rejected

I have never had good line karma, so I just grab a mag off the rack next to me and wait it out.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I don't usually have to deal with terribly long lines (I really have no idea where they would stand) at some of my usual stores, and at the others, everyone stands in one line and you go to the first available slot, but I will certainly pick the line with one person who has slightly more items than two who have fewer.

I do, however, have a vendetta against employees of one particular store, because they are the single slowest set of human beings on the face of the planet. And so I avoid it when possible, but sometimes the convenience of it being right across the street wins out over the aggravation involved. Their pharmacy cashiers are particularly bad, especially because if no one is picking up a prescription, they're frequently not there.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3724311;
    It is scientifically proven that whatever line I get in will be held up by
    1. a price check
    2. the use of a Wic check by someone who's never used one, so all wic items must then be pulled out, rescanned and rung up separately
    3. A change in cashier for dinner/lunch/break
    4. A cashier that has entered something incorrectly causing the cash register to lock and a manager with a key located to resolve the problem
    5. A sale where you need 3 items and they have only 2, so someone is sent back to get item #3
    6. A debit/credit card that is rejected

I have never had good line karma, so I just grab a mag off the rack next to me and wait it out.
    ALL OF THE ABOVE have happened to me at one time or another at the grocery store.
    Add to it, 2 parents, 2 children, a huge car looking cart and they are each taking items out of the cart with 1 hand, 1 item at a time and not worrying that they are taking forever. UGH!

As a former grocery store employee I have to say that the list is right on the nose!

I don't think a single person knows how to use the WIC vouchers! Those things are horrible, and then the customer gets mad at you because you didn't have the psychic ability to tell that they were going to whip them out of their purse after they were all rung up and in the bags.

The only thing that's missing are the Hutterites who buy 20 of everything in the store.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3725241;
    The only thing that's missing are the Hutterites who buy 20 of everything in the store.
    I had to google this, as I'd never heard of them.

It doesn't matter which line I get in something always seems to go wrong. I've actually told people not to get into line behind me. Save Yourself!

What really irks me is people at Trader Joe's who bring their own bags but won't help bag their own groceries. I also hate when people wait until they get their total from the cashier and then start looking in their purse/wallet for the debit card or check book.

I had a "first" recently. I went to an empty line that had the light on and unloaded my groceries, even though there was no cashier there (yes, I wondered if it was a good idea, but the other lines were long).

When she showed up, I waited while she kept tugging at her sleeve. Apparently she was wearing 2 long-sleeved tops, and the inner one's sleeve had ridden up her arm. She spent about 3-4 minutes trying to pull it down (guess it was a very tight sleeve) and said things like "this is driving me crazy, I've got to get it" while I waited. Her co-worker, the bagger, was standing right next to her and didn't assist her and didn't try to refocus her on her job, lol. I was tempted to ask "can he ring me out while you do that?".

No, she never apologized for the inconvenience , and no, I didn't read her the riot act and didn't report her to management. But I did look at her nametag.

Guess it was just a bad sleeve day.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3725355;
    I had to google this, as I'd never heard of them.

It doesn't matter which line I get in something always seems to go wrong. I've actually told people not to get into line behind me. Save Yourself!

What really irks me is people at Trader Joe's who bring their own bags but won't help bag their own groceries. I also hate when people wait until they get their total from the cashier and then start looking in their purse/wallet for the debit card or check book.
    Sorry, I forget they are only around here. They are sort of like Amish except they still buy modern appliances and aren't as strict. They wear the Amish clothing but own cars and buy toasters and all of that stuff.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Oh, I would also add to the list the alcohol ID check. Not sure if it's a statewide thing or just a college town thing, but when I was in school, if you didn't have a Maine state ID, you had to provide two forms of identification... AND the manager on duty had to give approval. Summoning the manager on duty always seemed to take an eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3725355;
    I bring my own bags, but have them in the front of the cart so that the bagger has them to begin with. (There are always two employees at checkout; they wouldn't let me help with bagging even if I wanted to! Our TJ's is very organized.)

My peeve: gummers who still don't know the difference between credit and debit, and insist on a detailed explanation every frickin' time they're at checkout. (Please, someone smother me with a pillow if I ever get like that!)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

They've started scanning DL here for ID checks for alcohol. Doesn't matter the age, if you are using a walker and have gray hair, fork over the ID granny, it has to be scanned.

And dont' forget the person in line in front of you who scrambles around for the exact correct change, because you know, they give out correct change awards.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread