+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5781Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3722794;
    Same here. This morning when I left for work it was 25 degrees and there was a layer of frost over everything. The sprinklers were going also when I left so my car had a nice layer of icicles that I had to chop off. Hopefully the snow tonight will melt right away!
    For some reason I found this insanely funny.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3723487;
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3722794;
    Same here. This morning when I left for work it was 25 degrees and there was a layer of frost over everything. The sprinklers were going also when I left so my car had a nice layer of icicles that I had to chop off. Hopefully the snow tonight will melt right away!
    For some reason I found this insanely funny.
    Well I wasn't going to post that I laughed, but since I apparently was not the only one.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

It reminds me of the year my son had a birthday party at the end of March. It had snowed 4 inches the day before, but was 80* on our deck that day. We have pictures of kids in the wading pool on the deck in their swim suits and other kids sledding in the background in their snow suits.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3723513;
    It reminds me of the year my son had a birthday party at the end of March. It had snowed 4 inches the day before, but was 80* on our deck that day. We have pictures of kids in the wading pool on the deck in their swim suits and other kids sledding in the background in their snow suits.
    How weird! I bet that was a day to remember!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3723135;
    Anyone up for some snow angels?
    Bah!! That's what's heading my way.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3723519;
    Bah!! That's what's heading my way.
    Don't worry. The pavement is still too warm to hold it so it's only sticking to the cars and grass. It is a perfect day to stay in and break in a new box of hot chocolate!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3723520;
    Don't worry. The pavement is still too warm to hold it so it's only sticking to the cars and grass. It is a perfect day to stay in and break in a new box of hot chocolate!
    I'm feeling like crud today anyway. Had a fever of 101 last night, but after sleeping for 15 hours, it's down to 99 now. Feels like sinus infection to me, and of course, on the weekend. Now that I've got my coffee, I'm going back to bed.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3722982;
    Yeah -- I sometimes get low-grade fevers (sometimes along with a weird little sore throat-ish thing -- hard to describe) for the dumbest reasons like taking on too many assignments in one week or working too many hours, sometimes a little injury or minor surgery will do the same. And, of course, exposure to even small amounts of allergens such as tobacco smoke (or residue on clothing) and dog/cat dander will trigger asthma-like lung stuff along with a low-grade fever. If I'm not careful, my immune system will go into hyperdrive for the dumbest reasons and make it seem like I'm sick. It's been long enough that I can usually tell the difference between "flu-like" immune response and a real cold or flu. Usually. It sucks.
    IT does suck, but I'm glad to hear that it's sort of normal. I too get flu-like symptoms when it's not the flu. The worst is that I will spike fevers when I get like that and to me, fever really makes me feel bad. What a weird disease and the dental surgery and body response to is has been weird.
    Also have developed both times really upset stomach as well,

Thanks for the info, makes me not feel like an odd duck

Feel better everyone.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3723532;
    IT does suck, but I'm glad to hear that it's sort of normal. I too get flu-like symptoms when it's not the flu. The worst is that I will spike fevers when I get like that and to me, fever really makes me feel bad. What a weird disease and the dental surgery and body response to is has been weird.
    Also have developed both times really upset stomach as well,

Thanks for the info, makes me not feel like an odd duck

Feel better everyone.
    Why would your feelings change to not feeling like an ODD duck?

*DUCKS* while watching somthing come flying through the air.

Seriously - Every feel better soon.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Here's something that I thought was worth thinking about, just for fun. How do you decide which line you're going to choose?

Quick Tip: Which Grocery Lane is Fastest? - Shelterpop
    Quick Tip: Which Grocery Lane is Fastest?
    By Erin Loechner of Design for Mankind (Subscribe to Erin Loechner's posts)
    Oct 6th 2009 11:33AM

I received this article from a math teacher I graduated from college with, and wow! Although I find the article hilarious and [insert any adjective here], the information itself is incredibly useful. After all, haven't each and every one of us waited in the express lane with a caesar salad and a bottled water, hoping our boss wouldn't catch us ten minutes late for work again?

OK, maybe it's just me.

Still, Dan Meyer, a Santa Cruz-based math teacher set out to prove which grocery line is really faster, and the results may surprise you.
    Apparently, you really do use those math skills when you're older...

The biggest surprise? "The express lane isn't faster," he writes. "The manager backed me up on this one. You attract more people holding fewer total items, but when you add one person to the line, you're adding 48 extra seconds to the line length without even considering the items in her cart. Meanwhile, an extra item only costs you an extra 2.8 seconds. Therefore, you'd rather add 17 more items to the line than one extra person!"

A day at the market just got a bit more complicated. Photo: Dan Meyer

Of course, Meyer explains that other factors often play a role as well, including method of payment (cash is quickest!) and conversation between the customer and cashier. I also found the comment sections to be quite entertaining (if not informative), littered with additional tips:

From TJ Sawyer:
    "Rule # 1: Avoid any line with a male cashier. Slow as 'lasses in January.
    Rule # 2: Look out for strange produce in the baskets in front of you. "What is this?" Counts double if the cashier is young and x4 if Rule #1 is not used!
    Rule #3: Look out for the old lady in line. As other commenters have mentioned, she won't even start to look for the checkbook until every item is rung."

Of course, the above isn't scientifically proven, but I still find it to be a tad humorous. And of course, you could always forgo the long lines and shop online.

I try, very hard, not to get in line behind an elderly lady (YMMV); and I think that I've found that men usually deal in cash and move faster. I was stuck behind this cute little elderly man who had been sent to the store by his wife, and didn't think he had enough money. I was not about to let this man hold me up any longer than necessary while he decided what to put back. I told him not to worry, that I had whatever he was short on; I JUST WANTED TO GET OUT OF THERE!! As it turned out, he had exactly what he needed to pay. We were, both, tickled to death!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread