+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6255Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3722468;
    Wow -- I didn't know that Southerners also say "go South" to indicate that a condition of some sort gets worse. Interesting (from a linguistic standpoint).

Anyway, good thoughts your way for a quick and uneventful recovery!
    That is an interesting point there Ellen, you would think a Southerner would say "go North" or "go Yankee"
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3722485;
    That is an interesting point there Ellen, you would think a Southerner would say "go North" or "go Yankee"
    Or, "went to hell", which is the same as going 'up there'
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3722586;
    I'll tell you where to go.....
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

I never thought about it, but I guess we do say Go South. I was trying to be PG and not say going to hell in a handbasket which is what we say the most.

And things have started heading South and to hell because I've spiked a fever. Doc things its because my fibromyalgia. Says that the body sees this as an "insult" and triggers an immune response. Ellen, have you ever had that happen or heard of it happening?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3722701;
    I never thought about it, but I guess we do say Go South. I was trying to be PG and not say going to hell in a handbasket which is what we say the most.

And things have started heading South and to hell because I've spiked a fever. Doc things its because my fibromyalgia. Says that the body sees this as an "insult" and triggers an immune response. Ellen, have you ever had that happen or heard of it happening?
    I'd love to head South. It was 30 degrees here this morning and now they are forecasting an inch of accumulation on Sunday. That would be snow for all you Southerners reading this!

Sorry to hear you're not feeling great MRD. I hope things get better for you. Take it easy this weekend and let your family take care of you.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

[QUOTE=Lil Bit;3722710;]I'd love to head South. It was 30 degrees here this morning and now they are forecasting an inch of accumulation on Sunday. That would be snow for all you Southerners reading this!

ohhh snow ! I wish it was here. It is so hot and humid (in the south) Lil Bit, but we are suppose to get rain this afternoon and then cool down. I'm sure we will be under tornado warnings too.

Sorry you are feeling bad Mrd. Hopefully all this will be over soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3722710;
    I'd love to head South. It was 30 degrees here this morning and now they are forecasting an inch of accumulation on Sunday. That would be snow for all you Southerners reading this!

Sorry to hear you're not feeling great MRD. I hope things get better for you. Take it easy this weekend and let your family take care of you.
    Same here. This morning when I left for work it was 25 degrees and there was a layer of frost over everything. The sprinklers were going also when I left so my car had a nice layer of icicles that I had to chop off. Hopefully the snow tonight will melt right away!

I hope you feel better MRD.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3722701;
    . . . I've spiked a fever. Doc things its because my fibromyalgia. Says that the body sees this as an "insult" and triggers an immune response. Ellen, have you ever had that happen or heard of it happening?
    Yeah -- I sometimes get low-grade fevers (sometimes along with a weird little sore throat-ish thing -- hard to describe) for the dumbest reasons like taking on too many assignments in one week or working too many hours, sometimes a little injury or minor surgery will do the same. And, of course, exposure to even small amounts of allergens such as tobacco smoke (or residue on clothing) and dog/cat dander will trigger asthma-like lung stuff along with a low-grade fever. If I'm not careful, my immune system will go into hyperdrive for the dumbest reasons and make it seem like I'm sick. It's been long enough that I can usually tell the difference between "flu-like" immune response and a real cold or flu. Usually. It sucks.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Anyone up for some snow angels?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3722586;

We had some severe weather tonight with more storms predicted for tomorrow. As tired as I am of all this rain, I would rather have that than snow or ice!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

+ Reply to Thread