+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6433Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3717960;
    Well, in my case, I was a friend of the groom's mother, the reception was held at the Bride's mother's house, and I had never met the bride (don't know her address). I did my best.
    I think they will love your gift! Mr. Doxie and I lived together for a long time before we tied the knot. We registered for a few things because our families are spread out allover the country. We sent out announcements to close friends and family after our very small wedding. We got a few things from the registry, checks (which we used to hunt down the missing pieces of my grandmother's china ) and a few gift cards. But, a few people sent us gifts that weren't on the registry and we still look at those and remember who sent them. I'm sure your friend's son and his new bride will do the same.

Henry's electric blanket is made by Sunbeam and is a couple of years old. I alternate between sleeping on it or under it depending on the weather.

Snuggies - we have ordered a dog snuggie for Henry but it is on back order. Both the human and canine snuggies are starting to show up in stores here and they are all over ebay. I'm like MRD - starting to rethink getting one for myself since it's getting cooler. Maybe I can get one to match the dog!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3718366;

Thanks for your input gabriel
    Bunny, don't forget that the "Members Only" jackets were really big in the 80s, too. If you google "1980's mens clothing" under their Images feature, most of what you seem to see are the Miami Vice looks and the Members Only jackets.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3717596;
    My son's school is having their homecoming/spirit week this coming week and each day they are supposed to dress in a different theme. We have most of the days covered except the day that they are to dress in 80's fashion. I can remember how I dressed during that decade but I'm in need of ideas on men's fashion during that time. We were thinking of a Miami Vice look but even if we went to a thrift shop, I'm not sure we'd find what we need. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    If you don't want to spent too much, you can achieve an eighties guy look by wearing a regular suit or sport jacket over a t-shirt and jeans, rolling up the sleeves and popping the collar. Also, lots and lots of hair gel and a pair of shades.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Just watch an episode of "Saved by the Bell".
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3718614;
    Just watch an episode of "Saved by the Bell".
    That will be enough to make me barf.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Gut, they rent the museum out for weddings and I"ve worked a few as we have to have staff on hand. There is usually a table covered with gifts by the end of the evening and several weddings I've attended in the last few years have been the same, so yes, people take gifts to the wedding. I know the etiquette is not to do that, but I think that has become very outdated as most people do not have the home address of the bride, etc. or the time to drop it off at the house beforehand, etc. I think taking it to the wedding is fine. And I would love a PC stone as a gift. I love all my stones and think that is a great wedding gift.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Many people do still bring gifts to the wedding. I have only been to one wedding, where mine and one other gift were the only two on the gift table. That really surprised me, and that wedding was in 1983!

Every wedding I have been to since then, I have seen plenty of gifts on the gift table, even though it is recommended to ship it to the house.

One can always send the gift to the bride's parents' house. Their address would be on the invitation envelope and reply card envelope.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it! And I, too, would have loved to receive a PC stone as a wedding gift. (I don't think PC was even around when I got married.) I have since bought one, use it often, and love it!

Gifts at a wedding are just one more hassle to have to deal with. One or two is OK, I guess, but a bunch of gifts means you have to deal with getting them home and, anymore, you have to have somebody stand guard over them because they do have ways of "walking away". I think that they prefer to steal money/gift cards now, though. I remember when opening gifts at the reception used to be part of the celebration.

When I got married, most of the gifts were delivered to my apartment directly from the store, and I was able to dash off a quick thank-you note to the senders immediately, which beat waiting until a couple of weeks later. Some of my "poorer" friends even gave me bunches of stamps which I thought was a really good idea and it really helped!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 10-05-2009 at 06:19 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Geez, I can't imagine friends or family stealing at a wedding, but I know it happens. But geez.

I love my PC stones. I have almost every one they make and I use them often.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

The thing that drove me craziest was when I'd open a gift and the sender had forgotten to include a name card so that I could thank them. There were a couple that, to this day, I don't know from whom they came...and I asked, and asked, and asked!

+ Reply to Thread