+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4488Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

My electric mattress pad has wide elastic straps, not pockets. We have a double pillow top mattress, and it works just fine on the thicker mattress.

Snuggies look terrible, BUT, if I am in my own home and it keeps me warm without me having to turn up the heat and spending more money, then what do I care what it looks like. It's not like I"m going to go out in it (but people do. Snuggie Pub Crawls are becoming very popular).
    I don't have one, and at first I thought they were stupid, but as the weather gets colder, I'm rethinking that.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3717674;
    For the wedding I attended yesterday, I took a large, Pampered Chef, stoneware baking sheet as a gift. When I got there it was the only gift, but there was a basket full of envelopes. By the time I left, there were two other gifts. Do people not give wedding gifts any more?
    I think it may be because so many couples are living together before they get married that people aren't sure of what they want or need. I've found that, if they aren't on a gift registry, I just give money. That's something everyone can use.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Do people still have gifts sent to the house before the wedding? I received a lot of my things that way, and very little at the wedding, itself. Of course, cash is the easiest gift of all, and nobody has to go through the hassle of returns.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

But you run the risk of looking cheap if you can't afford a large cash gift. What amount do most people give for a wedding? I'm guessing it starts around $50.
    Count your blessings!

Frequently, if you're buying from the registry (at least online), you can ship it right to the address that the bride and groom have designated. It's pretty convenient, especially if the wedding isn't right where the couple is living.

It is often recommended that people send the gifts to the house prior to the wedding. I can see where it could be a pain in the butt to have to lug off a large amounts of gifts after a wedding. And I just read this week in either Ann Landers or Dear Abby how someone left a wedding gift on a gift table at the wedding reception and never received a thank you note. Turns out someone took off with the gift!

If just my hubby and I are going to a wedding, and are giving cash, we give at least $100, more for relatives. I always try to figure out how much the per plate price is on the dinner and at least double it. If the kids are invited, we start at $250.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3717935;
    It is often recommended that people send the gifts to the house prior to the wedding. I can see where it could be a pain in the butt to have to lug off a large amounts of gifts after a wedding. And I just read this week in either Ann Landers or Dear Abby how someone left a wedding gift on a gift table at the wedding reception and never received a thank you note. Turns out someone took off with the gift!

If just my hubby and I are going to a wedding, and are giving cash, we give at least $100, more for relatives. I always try to figure out how much the per plate price is on the dinner and at least double it. If the kids are invited, we start at $250.
    This happened to a friend of mine-- the wedding was near a particularly good place for wedding gifts, and near some of the bride's family, but not near where the bride is currently giving. So, a bunch of people brought gifts to the actual wedding, and the next morning at brunch, the bride was pulling people aside asking if they had room in their cars, because they weren't sure they could fit everything in!

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3717935;

We had a similar thing happen in my town a few months ago where one of the guests took off with a handfull of cards. They left the personally written checks in the bathroom along with the cards and took off with the gift cards and cash. If I remember right they got away with more than $600.00.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Well, in my case, I was a friend of the groom's mother, the reception was held at the Bride's mother's house, and I had never met the bride (don't know her address). I did my best.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3717673;
    The Miami Vice thing would probably be the easiest and best way to go, pastels, no socks etc., I can't remember what I was wearing during the 80s. (Maybe that is a good thing)
    Thanks for your input gabriel

+ Reply to Thread