+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6749Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I just returned from an outdoor wedding reception. It is 60 degrees and raining out. There was a big tent, but I'm sorry... an October wedding should not have an outdoor reception. I'm chilled to the bone and I wore thick socks with lined boots, a long velour skirt, and layers with a leather jacket and shawl. The men in the wedding party wore kilts with bare legs. They must have been freezing!
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3717078;
    Wow, that's amazing.
    My cat is 14 now and I would love him to last that long.
    Any secrets on their care?
    About the only thing I did was keep them indoors. After 10 years or so I'd let them outside to sun themselves in the yard for an hour or so. But they had cheap food (9lives etc) and only took them to the vet for neuter/spay...not even regular shots...(I'm kind of ashamed to say). One was a persian and the other a tiger striped kitty. Marcus and Luther.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3717118;
    I just returned from an outdoor wedding reception. It is 60 degrees and raining out. There was a big tent, but I'm sorry... an October wedding should not have an outdoor reception. . .
    What's wrong with outdoor weddings in October? My outdoor wedding reception at the beach was in October. The weather was typically sunny, warm, and beautiful as it always is this time of year. (hee-hee-hee -- in SoCal, that is!)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3717035;
    Those Snuggies remind me of people in potato sack races. I'll pass on those.
    Everyone at my work is starting to buy them! To be honest, I have debated getting one too! Of course when you work in a warehouse building that is freezing both in summer and in winter you might look past the ugly fluffy hospital gown likeness in favor of a little warmth. Some people even cut the fingers off of those cheap gloves so they can keep their hands warm and type at the same time.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3717163;
    What's wrong with outdoor weddings in October? My outdoor wedding reception at the beach was in October. The weather was typically sunny, warm, and beautiful as it always is this time of year. (hee-hee-hee -- in SoCal, that is!)
    The only thing missing here was a Trader Joe's reference!

I never was good at those stupid potato sack races.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3717165;
    Everyone at my work is starting to buy them! To be honest, I have debated getting one too! Of course when you work in a warehouse building that is freezing both in summer and in winter you might look past the ugly fluffy hospital gown likeness in favor of a little warmth. Some people even cut the fingers off of those cheap gloves so they can keep their hands warm and type at the same time.
    a friend's MIL said they are just robes put on backwards. If you have a robe around, just try that!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3717197;
    The only thing missing here was a Trader Joe's reference!

I never was good at those stupid potato sack races.
    Potato sack races at a wedding, hmm. Wish I would have thought of it. Sure beats the Macarena or Chicken Dance!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

My son's school is having their homecoming/spirit week this coming week and each day they are supposed to dress in a different theme. We have most of the days covered except the day that they are to dress in 80's fashion. I can remember how I dressed during that decade but I'm in need of ideas on men's fashion during that time. We were thinking of a Miami Vice look but even if we went to a thrift shop, I'm not sure we'd find what we need. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3717596;
    My son's school is having their homecoming/spirit week this coming week and each day they are supposed to dress in a different theme. We have most of the days covered except the day that they are to dress in 80's fashion. I can remember how I dressed during that decade but I'm in need of ideas on men's fashion during that time. We were thinking of a Miami Vice look but even if we went to a thrift shop, I'm not sure we'd find what we need. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    The Miami Vice thing would probably be the easiest and best way to go, pastels, no socks etc., I can't remember what I was wearing during the 80s. (Maybe that is a good thing)
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

For the wedding I attended yesterday, I took a large, Pampered Chef, stoneware baking sheet as a gift. When I got there it was the only gift, but there was a basket full of envelopes. By the time I left, there were two other gifts. Do people not give wedding gifts any more?
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread