+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6407Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

This discussion has reminded me that I really need to clean my oven. It's self cleaning so that's not the problem, but I put it off over the summer months because it heats up the kitchen so much. I don't have that excuse any more since it's been so cold out lately so I guess I better get on the ball and get it done.

Gabriel - I loved the story of Mona and the thermostat. Made me laugh out loud. Thanks for sharing. You never stop missing them do you?
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3716784;
    Oh that Mona, I can just see her little paw pushing the switch.
    It WAS funny, her sitting on the back of the couch and pushing that thing, I started laughing. I mean her brain must have said "he pushes this it gets warmer"

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3716785;
    This discussion has reminded me that I really need to clean my oven. It's self cleaning so that's not the problem, but I put it off over the summer months because it heats up the kitchen so much. I don't have that excuse any more since it's been so cold out lately so I guess I better get on the ball and get it done.
    I'll send your air fare to come and clean mine then.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3716785;
    Gabriel - I loved the story of Mona and the thermostat. Made me laugh out loud. Thanks for sharing. You never stop missing them do you?
    Never stops.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I love to clean my self-cleaning oven when the weather is cool since I resist turning on my heat FOREVER. I also buy myself a couple of flannel shirts every year (my son disowns me!) for wearing around the house; I'd never be seen outside in them!! I've gotten good at beating the coolness in house in the winter, without having to utilize my furnace much. They also said, last week, that the natural gas rates are going down about 40% this winter.....I smell a rat. That earns a big, eyerolling, "Yeah...right..." from me.

I was thinking about the electric mattress pad, and I need one with really deep pockets since I have a 3" mattress topper on my bed that I refuse to live without. I may end up having to get the electric blanket, instead.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm with you prhoshay. I resist turning on the heat until I absolutely have to. I am finding that the older I get, the harder it is to resist turning on some heat. We have duel heat in our house, both gas and electric, so I am able to just heat the room I am using with the electric and that saves on gas.

I'm skeptical about the gas prices too. Living in the country, we use propane and I don't even know what that's going for now. I have to get some ordered next week though, so I guess I'll find out.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

gabriel thanks for the laugh Mona was wonderful, and I love her stories.
    I wait to turn on our electric heat too. We have a wood heater and fireplaces that we use. This summer we installed a wood insert in one of our fireplaces, this should keep us nice and toasty.
    I have my flannel shirts too Phroshay and my cuddleduds. I'm outside so much I have to dress warm.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Those Snuggies remind me of people in potato sack races. I'll pass on those.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My mom has one and the grandkids tell her she looks like she in her cocoon.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3717009;
    I love to clean my self-cleaning oven when the weather is cool since I resist turning on my heat FOREVER. I also buy myself a couple of flannel shirts every year (my son disowns me!) for wearing around the house; I'd never be seen outside in them!! I've gotten good at beating the coolness in house in the winter, without having to utilize my furnace much. They also said, last week, that the natural gas rates are going down about 40% this winter.....I smell a rat. That earns a big, eyerolling, "Yeah...right..." from me.

I was thinking about the electric mattress pad, and I need one with really deep pockets since I have a 3" mattress topper on my bed that I refuse to live without. I may end up having to get the electric blanket, instead.
    My house is 60 years old with an unheated upstairs and an old forced-air oil heater downstairs. At this time of year the sun keeps the upstairs toasty and perfect in the day and the downstairs feels colder than outside. We wrap up in blankets around here, but the Snuggy will never be an option for us

I am getting out the down comforter for my bed today which is a sure sign that summer is gone for good I do like sleeping under this warm, light cover, but hate the thought that it will be cool or cold for the next 6 months! We will start up our pellet stove soon in order to warm up the house in the evenings. That oil heater is terrible...

Mona sounds like a real pill, Gabriel. Makes me miss my kitties. They were 20 and 22 yearrs old when they crossed Rainbow Bridge.

Shay-I too love turning on the self-clean oven when the temp drops. It does a great job of heating the kitchen for a day.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3717070;
    Mona sounds like a real pill, Gabriel. Makes me miss my kitties. They were 20 and 22 yearrs old when they crossed Rainbow Bridge.
    Shay-I too love turning on the self-clean oven when the temp drops. It does a great job of heating the kitchen for a day.
    Wow, that's amazing.
    My cat is 14 now and I would love him to last that long.
    Any secrets on their care?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread