+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5956Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

How often do you have to replace the heated mattress pads? Should none of them go into the dryer?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3714303;
    How often do you have to replace the heated mattress pads? Should none of them go into the dryer?
    I've had mine at least 7 years and my side is used every single night 365 days of the year and is still going strong. I would sell my plasma if I ever had to replace it for any reason in order to get a new one (they aren't that expensive) I love mine so much. I don't know if there are some that can go in the dryer or not. Mine can't. But I now have a place to spread it out when I wash it.
    However, I don't wash it that often. What I did was put it directly on the mattress and then cover it with a conventional mattress cover and that seems to help keep it cleaner than when it was just directly under the fitted sheet. That way, I can wash and dry the regular mattress cover more often.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3714302;
    I lived in Florida for 44 years. I'm tired of summer and humidity. I'm tired of it ALWAYS being hot. Having the ac on on Christmas day, etc.

So I'm loving me some fall now. This is our 4th one in SC and I don't think I will ever get tired of it.
    Fall is beautiful, I just tend to be a winter cynic because we get about 56 in. of snow on average every year and winter (meaning months that it is actually snowing) lasts about 6-7 months. After half a year of shoveling and scraping and chappy skin it tends to be more of an annoyance than anything.

The best part about winter is waking up on a Saturday morning to snow coming down and sticking to the trees. There is nothing more beautiful than looking out your window and seeing the frosty white silhouettes of trees and bushes.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

I feel a little shopping trip to Wal*Mart coming on. Thanks everybody.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3714318;
    Fall is beautiful, I just tend to be a winter cynic because we get about 56 in. of snow on average every year and winter (meaning months that it is actually snowing) lasts about 6-7 months. After half a year of shoveling and scraping and chappy skin it tends to be more of an annoyance than anything.

The best part about winter is waking up on a Saturday morning to snow coming down and sticking to the trees. There is nothing more beautiful than looking out your window and seeing the frosty white silhouettes of trees and bushes.
    I went to school in Maine, and that about did it for me. I liked snow before I went, because when I was a kid, it only had good implications, but four years of 6-7 month winters and 3 months of 4:30 pm sunsets? That's just depressing.

Now I live in the city, and it's a little warmer and we don't get quite as much snow (though it seemed to snow every other day last winter). But slogging around in any accumulation is a royal pain, and when it starts to melt, it's even worse. Dirty sandy slush puddles everywhere.

MRD

So far we've gotten one day of snow each winter we've lived here. Enough to enjoy it and then it goes away. I couldn't live with snow either. Which is why this is the perfect place for us. It's 53 this morning and going to 74 today. LOVE it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I don't mind the snow, which we don't see much of, but the ice is another story. Where I worked, you had no choice but to learn to drive in adverse conditions, so it's not that big a deal. It also makes a difference if you HAVE to go out in it, which I usually don't, thank goodness. I love fall and winter!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3714587;
    So far we've gotten one day of snow each winter we've lived here. Enough to enjoy it and then it goes away. I couldn't live with snow either. Which is why this is the perfect place for us. It's 53 this morning and going to 74 today. LOVE it.
    That sounds wonderful! It was in the low 60s here yesterday, but there was a really chilly wind blowing. I froze my tail off sitting out at my 9-year-old's football practice once the sun started going down!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3714690;
    That sounds wonderful! It was in the low 60s here yesterday, but there was a really chilly wind blowing. I froze my tail off sitting out at my 9-year-old's football practice once the sun started going down!
    When my boys were in football I wore a hooded parka to their games. People would give me strange looks, but when that cold wind started blowing I was the one who had the last laugh.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Do any of you have an oven that you have to clean by hand? I've always had self cleaning ovens up until the one I currently have and every time I turn it on, even when there is nothing in it, there is this burning smell that is so strong that it actually sets off my fire alarm! I bought a can of oven cleaner but am a little worried about fumes and stuff. Can someone just assure me that it is okay to spray this inside of it?
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

+ Reply to Thread