+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I'm jealous of all of you. When I was a kid, Fall was my favorite time. Leaves changing, brisk but not blustery temps, etc.
    In the West, we're starting to see our temps drop a bit, but they're scheduled to go back up at week's end.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

We had our first bit of autumn chill, too: today's coastal high was 75ºF!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3714102;
    I'm enjoying my 55 degree day! I don't think Autumn can be beat! I do need a new electric blanket, or one of those warming sheets, or whatever you call it. Can anybody help me out by telling me how good they are...or not?
    You should just invest in a snuggie. They now come in pink!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3714102;
    I'm enjoying my 55 degree day! I don't think Autumn can be beat! I do need a new electric blanket, or one of those warming sheets, or whatever you call it. Can anybody help me out by telling me how good they are...or not?
    I have an electric mattress pad and I prefer it greatly to an electric blanket. I love turning it on before I go to bed and the bed is nice and toasty when I get in.
    I got mine at Walmart a few years ago.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I have to agree with MRD. I also have a heated mattress pad and love it. I've used them going on 10 years now and would never go back to an electric blanket.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Sherri;3714230;
    I have to agree with MRD. I also have a heated mattress pad and love it. I've used them going on 10 years now and would never go back to an electric blanket.
    Aren't they great? The dogs love it too.

Oh yea the dogs love it! Mine actually has dual controls and I only turn on the side I'm not lying on. That way my feet are nice and toasty but the rest of me is nice and cool. Weird, I know, but I sleep better when it's cooler, but I hate cold feet. The dogs usually migrate to the warm side of the bed, except for the poms. They tend to get under the blankets and lay right up against me. I guess "mom" stills beats a heated mattress pad! I just have to fight the rest of them for foot room!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Sherri;3714240;
    Oh yea the dogs love it! Mine actually has dual controls and I only turn on the side I'm not lying on. That way my feet are nice and toasty but the rest of me is nice and cool. Weird, I know, but I sleep better when it's cooler, but I hate cold feet. The dogs usually migrate to the warm side of the bed, except for the poms. They tend to get under the blankets and lay right up against me. I guess "mom" stills beats a heated mattress pad! I just have to fight the rest of them for foot room!
    Ours is dual controlled too. Hubby barely turns his on. I have mine set on 2 or 3 even in summer. I am always cold and hate cold sheets. In winter, I have it on 7 or 8 and hubby finally turns his to 2 or 3.
    The dogs will sleep on my side until they get hot and then they migrate to his side.
    The only issue I have with mine is that it's king size and it's not supposed to go in the dryer, so it's hard to find a place to hang it up to dry when I wash it.

I guess I should be thankful that it's still 63 here, but it was so blustery as I was walking home from the gym that I thought to myself that fall had arrived. I'm a total summer girl (I probably live in the wrong part of the country, but I'm also a big city girl, so...) and it's not that I mind the current weather so much, but what follows.

MRD

I lived in Florida for 44 years. I'm tired of summer and humidity. I'm tired of it ALWAYS being hot. Having the ac on on Christmas day, etc.

So I'm loving me some fall now. This is our 4th one in SC and I don't think I will ever get tired of it.

+ Reply to Thread