+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5671Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

My youngest is in college where they don't good cell phone reception. But there's one place when she's walking to class, where it's better and all her text messages catch up with her. The other day she got like 20, and the first 4 or 5 said things like, "I'm so sorry", "You must be devastated", "I'm thinking of you and know you're sad". She freaked out... thought I had been killed in a car accident or something. Then the 6th or 7th text said, "Did you hear that Patrick Swayze died?". All her friends know he's her favorite actor. I got a teary phone call.
    Count your blessings!

Well, my debit card problem is solved. It is the right one-- one of my coworkers just got a new card and had the same one. Whew. Glad that's over.

One of customers at the restaurant had just bought this Spiderman for Zac but we didn't get it in time. I'm taking it to the hospital and giving to a little 3 year old kid that roams the halls pretending to be Spiderman. This thing is about 6' tall. this will be fun.

Yeah. Laurel is checking him out.
    Last edited by Unklescott; 09-23-2009 at 11:52 AM.

Awwww Unk that is so sweet of you and I am sure he will be so happy to have that huge spiderman!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I know that Laurel was freaked out!! His back feet look like they are in the "I may need to make a break for it!" position. Can't wait to hear the 3 year old's reaction; I'm guessing he(?) will be a bit wary, to say the least, at first.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3704602;
    My youngest is in college where they don't good cell phone reception. But there's one place when she's walking to class, where it's better and all her text messages catch up with her. The other day she got like 20, and the first 4 or 5 said things like, "I'm so sorry", "You must be devastated", "I'm thinking of you and know you're sad". She freaked out... thought I had been killed in a car accident or something. Then the 6th or 7th text said, "Did you hear that Patrick Swayze died?". All her friends know he's her favorite actor. I got a teary phone call.
    I would freak out too. Why wouldn't someone just do sorry about Patrick or whatever. Those texts were open ended.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I thought that was a person in costume! I hope that little boy is thrilled to pieces by his new friend.

He was sleeping when I got there. His mom was thrilled. It was emotional to be there seeing the nurses and all. I saw Zac's doctor. We left one of Zac's wrestling figurines (George The animal Steele) for him because he told Zac he was one of his favorites back in the day. Zac made me find it online and buy it for him. Zac would have wanted Dr. O to have it. Dr. O said that was really nice and he appreciated it. That was cool.

MRD

Unk, that is SO cool. Love how Laurel is checking it out. That is also very cool about the dr. getting the figurine.

______________________________ ______________________________ ____________
    I have had it with annoying people today. As most of you know from my posting problems here, I can be way too nice to people. Well I swear that all the weirdos pick up on this and I have developed a lunch following at school. I'm going back to eating in my car. Only problem is that one of them is in my last class of the day and she's now attached herself to me. I walked out of class with two of the guys in that class and I just blurted out how annoying I thought she was and they both started laughing and said that they wanted to push her in front of the artillery today. (we were doing a terrain board and had different armies, regiments, artilleries, etc. for the battle of Antietam). So I guess it's not just me. Where can I get that tattoo removed off my foreheard that apparantly only the really annoying people can read that says: "come talk to ME!" ???

Then I get home to a message that another annoying person in my life had left for me saying that going to have drinks with a friend tonight for his birthday is too shallow and meaningless and she prefers "small intimate gatherings with friends where they can have intelligent discussions". So whew, don't have to put up with her tonight now as my hubby and I are both ready for a really meaningless and shallow evening. I've had enough meaning and intelligentsia in class. I want sports on tv, beer in front of me and friends laughing about stupid stuff. It's all about balancing the meaningful with the stupid.

Maybe I can say something stupidly meaningful tonight?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I love shallow and meaningless evenings. Your "friend" obviously wouldn't know a good time if it bopped her in the head.

+ Reply to Thread