+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3692084;
    My back is much worse today. This after sleeping for 10 hours last night! At least yesterday morning I could pick something up off the floor..today no way. I will have someone get me some midol. If it's like this Tuesday when we go back to school there is no way I'll be able to get into my bus without screaming. I'm scared to death to be honest. Does workman's comp pay lost wages? I don't know anything about it. Should I contact my boss (even though they aren't open until Tuesday?) Sorry to be such a whiner and thanks for the advice all.

MRD-You'll be able to handle them just fine. And looking forward to hearing more..lol
    I think if you maybe aren't getting better by tomorrow, you should probably call your boss if you can. You may not be able to work on Tuesday morning and I'm sure he'd appreciate knowing that as soon as possible. What ever you do, report your injury to your boss and fill out the papers they will want you to file. Accident report or whatever they do there. If you need to see a doctor or chiropractor they will send you to one of their choosing. I'm pretty sure all states have their own worker's comp laws and rules but when I've been hurt at work, worker's comp paid all of my medical and I got 80% of my wages when I was off work. Whether you'll be able to take off work will be entirely up to the doctor that they send you to see.
    As for the hot vs cold discussion, I'm not sure. If the pain is caused by swelling, cold would be better. I would take Advil or something like that that is used to reduce swelling and see if that helps. And try to hang in there until you can get to a doctor. Good luck. Hope you start improving soon.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

MRD

Yes, I had some inkling, but prior warning was NOT enough. No, they (my daughter and her fiance) are NOT planning on moving back to Florida. BUT the inlaws want to move up here. But doubt it ever happens unless she dies. Him, I wouldn't mind having close by. He's a sweetheart, don't know how he puts up with her. My daughter doesn't put up with a lot and won't let MIL walk on her, so it will be a fight one day, I'm sure. Right now everyone is trying to keep the peace. Fortunately her son isn't too thrilled with her either, so I don't think we have to worry. His brother lives 2 hours from her and he won't go visit. So apparantly it's not just us. I feel bad for the father though. It's obvious that the boy and his dad are very close and I think he'd like to be around his father more. My daugther told me today that her fiance has said he doesn't understand why his father stays married to her.
    I can tell you that after the wedding, they will not be guests in my home often. And if they are, I will say something. I didn't this time as I didn't want to start a war. But the money things SERIOUSLY upset me. That was basically stealing from kids and trying to make me complicent with it. I mean, if we were in Walmart parking lot and found $20, I probably wouldn't have thought twice about her picking it up, but not out of my yard when it A) could have belonged to my husband or her son and B) could and probably did belong to those kids.

They loved the dogs. They have a golden retriever and the dad called at least 2 times that I know of to check on him. He was staying with a friend. But they played with and petted and loved on the dogs. So I guess they can't be all that bad.

Gabriel, I"m doing my ommm, ommm, arf arfs.

Lil Bit, that's hysterical the dog pooping in your MIL's house.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Yeah, Sammy was a good dog. And for those who may think that she didn't like the dog because he pooped in her house, that really wasn't it. She never liked him and I really think he was just reacting to her hostility.

I've been trying to get some school work done, but the NASCAR race is on and my husband keeps coming in the room and giving me updates on who's leading and who just crashed. I finally just saved what I had and decided to finish tomorrow. I get all my books put away and what does he do? Puts on his shoes to go out and do something in the garage!
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

OK, I finally started facebook. My daughter told me she would NOT be my friend and was... shocked, petrified, disgusted? what's the word I'm looking for? outraged?... that I'm somehow on this network where I might learn things about her. I did all the obvious things and have a minimalist sort of home page. What does it mean when a chat box pops up? That someone wants to chat with me? or that they're on facebook? Where are all these games you talk about? Is there another thread I should be posting these questions?
    Count your blessings!

Yes, when someone wants to chat a box will open up with the persons pic and name.

The games are also called applications (along with quizzes etc) and you can do a search and join OR people will invite you.

My kids are HORRIFIED! Im on FB. But DS confessed to me yesterday he has a fine field of squash growning. lol he's so proud of it.

So I'm going to try again to get ahold of someone from work about my back. We shall see..my union rep told me to wait until Tuesday! nuts.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

MRD

Gut, I tried to search for you on fb, but there's 86 different people with your name.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3693118;
    Yes, when someone wants to chat a box will open up with the persons pic and name.

The games are also called applications (along with quizzes etc) and you can do a search and join OR people will invite you.

My kids are HORRIFIED! Im on FB. But DS confessed to me yesterday he has a fine field of squash growning. lol he's so proud of it.

So I'm going to try again to get ahold of someone from work about my back. We shall see..my union rep told me to wait until Tuesday! nuts.
    I hope you don't take this the wrong way; this problem is not a critical nor immediate problem. Why bother your boss on a vacation weekend? You've notified your union rep, who can attest to the fact that you have talked to him/her and he/she advised you to wait until tomorrow. I hope that tomorrow is your doctor day.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

It may not be a severe medical problem, but Livin drives a school bus and therefore is probably due to be at work around 6 am or earlier on Tues., if she can't be at work, then a substitute driver needs to be found for her route. So by notifying the boss, he's not stuck casting about for a substitute at the last minute at 4 or 5 a.m. on Tues.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Oh, I agree about notifying the people for a replacement, but I didn't go there since livin4 did not bring that aspect up. I'd do it as soon as I was sure that somebody was in the office to take the call. I've been stuck with more than my fair share of last minute "call offs", and it is very irritating. Everybody looks at this from their own viewpoint of what causes them the least amount of job stress, and this economy probably guarantees an easy replacement. But, call off early!

Poor livin4. I've heard about a lot of school bus drivers who experience back injuries. What a drag. Sure hope you get better. Even city bus drivers get into back problems.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

lol so I did talk to my boss who is skeptical I hurt myself on the bus, ANGRY I didn't say anything EARLIER, and slightly sympathic as he has back problems too. So I went to ER. I do have a pulled muscle that is spazzing. They gave me a shot, drugs and a doctor appt tomorrow with occupational health. No work for at least 3 days and then MAYBE light duty (in the office would be my guess).

My company is MEAN about stuff like this. Their NEW policy is ANY work comp. problem is PREVENTABLE. Which means that work comp injuries are caused by employees FAULT and are subject to disciplenary action. So they'll probably try to put me on probationary warning for 18 months. Never mind that I've worked there 11 YEARS without anything of this type happening. So we shall see...
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

+ Reply to Thread