+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6754Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I've been able to connect with cousins and friends on FB -- and even network to get a freelance gig. I use LinkedIn for business mainly, but some of the fun stuff on FB has worked out well. I've learned how to block very well. And I love unwinding from a hectic day with my cousins on FarmVille.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3687638;
    A co worker of mine..think grandmothery type, posting the results of her sex quiz. Yes she likes it doggy style. Great. Now every single time I look at her I get that picture in my head.

Another co worker posting about her "naughty skills"
    Ewww, and yuck. I didn't even know they had those types of quizzes on Facebook. I hope none of my facebook "friends" share their results with me.

I'm very proud of myself for not playing any of the Facebook games. I would be farming and farkling all night once I got started.

MRD

Farkle is a dice game.

I have loved getting back in touch with old friends and I love that my daughter's friends all friended me so it finally forced my daughter to friend me too.
    But I have renewed a very old friendship thanks to facebook and if nothing else, I am happy about that. PLUS, I have actually now met 4 new friends locally because of facebook. (they were friends of friends and we got to commenting to each other and finally met and now we have a monthly lunch and and every other month game night). So I've had mostly positive experiences with it.

I do get the weird rants and ALL CAPS!! I HATE THAT. And I have blocked most of the apps, so if anyone sends me anything, I never see it.

And I don't mind unfriending someone if I'm tired of them or don't like what they post. I don't care. I haven't seen some of these people in years and we only got back together because they found me on facebook (I think I have only ever looked up 1 or 2 friends), so it's no skin off my back to delete them.

And if any of you would like to be my fb friend, just PM me and I"ll give you my name. Beware, I'm a LOT more outspoken on facebook than I am on here and if you've ever read the current events threads, then you will have some idea. But I've already got a couple of you FORTERS and I wouldn't mind a few more, if you're game. Just beware, I do the quizzes, just not the dirty ones. I can't help it, I have ALWAYS loved to take quizzes and tests.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm pretty sure if you take a quiz and you don't want people to see the results/story, there's a way of not publishing it to your facebook page.

MRD

They ask you if you want to publish or skip. You can choose the skip option and I often do.

They gave us a 4-day weekend for the first time ever over Labor Day. I have "start a facebook account" on my list of things to do. Is it hard to start? Do you just go to facebook.com and follow directions? Any tips for a newbie?
    Count your blessings!

just what you posted. sign up for facebook
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

It's super easy. Even I figured it out by myself. Add me gut as a friend. Just PM me your real name and I'll find you..unless it's Sally Jones or something common..then add city info too your PM.

Anyone else here at FORT want to add me let me know.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3689228;
    It's super easy. Even I figured it out by myself. Add me gut as a friend. Just PM me your real name and I'll find you..unless it's Sally Jones or something common..then add city info too your PM.

Anyone else here at FORT want to add me let me know.
    We're already fb buddies. But Gut, look for me when you do it. Super easy, make sure you set your account to private or the nutjobs will all want to add you as friends.

You can put as much or as little as you want and if you are like me, you will start off slow and then add to it over time.

It's really a lot of fun.

BUT, let me give you one bit of advice. Facebook isn't really like FORT about content. SO, if you decide to add some of your students, think about it first.
    I say this because I had added my neice and nephew and then I had some iffy content from my friends. Nothing nasty, but certain words and subjects that weren't really appropriate for the 12 year old neice. So I have made it a point to not add anyone under 18 to my account because I feel that it's MY page and if I want or my friends want to discuss something or use a naughty word occasionally, we can.
    But I do know some teachers that have students as fb friends and they say it's a fine line they walk on there. So just sayin'....

Whoa! I would NEVER add students to a facebook (or any other) friend list. Boundaries! I don't even have my real name in the phone book!
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread