+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6941Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

You know...I've been gone for a while due to some work/personal issues. I finally come back, and what do I come back to? You guys tempting me with Cannoli's!!!!! LOL

Those look awesome. Hmmm...I'm hungry all of a sudden...
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything useful, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    F - is for Fire that burns down the whole town.
    U - is for Uranium...BOMBS!
    N - is for No survivors...
    - Plankton, Spongebob Squarepants (FUN Song)

Ok.. I have a rant about facebook.

Do people just post whatever pops up in their head? Examples from recent days are:

A co worker of mine..think grandmothery type, posting the results of her sex quiz. Yes she likes it doggy style. Great. Now every single time I look at her I get that picture in my head.

Another co worker posting about her "naughty skills"

And then there were the 2 who "defriended" me..only thing I can figure is they wanted to see my profile/pics. These are old school mates.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3687638;
    ... Great. Now every single time I look at her I get that picture in my head. ...
    I am sorry you're being subjected to way TMI and the accompanying visions, but wanted to say this part of your post had me .
    We're all just walking each other home. ~ Ram Dass

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm not involved with Facebook, and somebody texted me to tell me that there IS a picture of me on a Facebook page. I've seen it, and it is not inappropriate, but that shocked me. I'm telling you, anytime you get a picture taken, you just never know where it's going to show up. I'm just glad that it wasn't photoshopped.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I know what you mean Livin4. One of my "friends", a woman that I used to work with, posts every time she's going to sleep. "Well, I'm tired now, so off to bed!"

I got a request one time to take a quiz called, "When will you get knocked up?" I sent the guy a message and told him, "I'm 50 years old! When in hell do you think I'm gonna get knocked up?" He didn't answer me and he hasn't sent me any more of those kind of requests.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Lil Bit, your friend needs Twitter. That's the kind of junk they do on that site.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3687638;
    Ok.. I have a rant about facebook.

Do people just post whatever pops up in their head?
    Examples from recent days are:

A co worker of mine..think grandmothery type, posting the results of her sex quiz. Yes she likes it doggy style. Great. Now every single time I look at her I get that picture in my head.

Another co worker posting about her "naughty skills"

And then there were the 2 who "defriended" me..only thing I can figure is they wanted to see my profile/pics. These are old school mates.

Unfortunately, yes they do, and it's not limited to Facebook. There are many other social / business networking sites where people post anything and everything and a lot of TMI you never want to know of.
    I remember back when the 70's was known as the "me" generation. We know have the "too much of me" generation.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I just deactivated my facebook. I get the amusing anecdotes from people I know in other ways.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I just joined facebook and learned the hard way how to do things. I took a "what part of the body are you?" quiz and I ended up the female part. That wasn't bad enough. When I got back on the next day-there's a picture of the part in living glory. I thought I would die! So now I take a quiz if I want to be amused but don't publish it-and I don't ask other people to take it.

lol@famita. Actually I would die of embaressment too.

lil bit-I have quite a few friends who update every AM/PM about how HARD it is go get up/go to bed. I made some comment about those posts getting to be well..boring. THey all thought I was joking and talking about SOMEONE else.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

+ Reply to Thread