+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

My older daughter came home unexpectedly last night and brought me 5 cannolis from Boston's North End. FIVE!
    Count your blessings!

When I first got my progressive bi-focals they were horrible. I couldn't see while wearing them. It turned out that the frames that I picked out were too small to be used for bi-focals. It made the line where the lenses changed from near to far too high and I had to hold my head in an unnatural position to see properly. Now I'm always careful to make sure the frames are big enough. I'm not saying that this is your problem but if the glasses are right you should be able to see with them. Keep going back until they make them right. You spend a lot of money on prescription lenses and it's up to them to make sure that they work for you. Good luck.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3686271;
    My older daughter came home unexpectedly last night and brought me 5 cannolis from Boston's North End. FIVE!
    Those are supposed to be the ultimate in cannolis. YOu are lucky. I wish I had a cannoli. Yum.

Lil Bit, funny you mention that as I think that is the whole problem with my glasses. So the person who helped me pick out frames should know better then?

I do think I need a wider lense to accomodate the tri-focal progressives because I can't move my head in a way to really see thru them well except for reading and that's even a problem.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3686600;
    Those are supposed to be the ultimate in cannolis. YOu are lucky. I wish I had a cannoli. Yum.

Lil Bit, funny you mention that as I think that is the whole problem with my glasses. So the person who helped me pick out frames should know better then?

I do think I need a wider lense to accomodate the tri-focal progressives because I can't move my head in a way to really see thru them well except for reading and that's even a problem.
    Yes the person who helped you pick out the frames should have known that. Mine gave me terrible headaches and neck aches too because I had to tilt my face down in order to look through the top part of my lenses. After I think, the third time I went back and complained someone decided that maybe my frames were too narrow. Got new frames and it was like day and night.

Now when I get new glasses and pick out frames I hold the new frame up to my old glasses and I won't get anything smaller than what I have now. Plus I always ask if they will be wide enough. I haven't had any problems since.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

If you can't finish all five, I'll be happy to take a couple off your hands!

OMG. There's nothing like a back East cannoli. The best.
    Enjoy them. We will all be thinking about them vicariously.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

North end cannoli?? You ARE blessed. Was it from Mikes?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3686770;
    North end cannoli?? You ARE blessed. Was it from Mikes?
    Yes! You know Mikes? Go on their website and you will drool all over your keyboard. Speaking of food, my daughter just had her first kitchen "lab" yesterday and called home to say, "I boned a chicken!" She was very proud of herself. When I get home from school I'm changing my avatar to a picture of her in her chef's jacket.
    Count your blessings!

I don't know Mikes personally, but I have had people tell me about it. How proud you must be of your Chef. You did good.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I wouldn't be sharing any of those!!! The last time I had a cannoli was the begining of August in Italy. Here is a picture of the tray of pastries my brother in law returned with from the market.

+ Reply to Thread