+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7118Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I try not to do guilt either, but it's amazing how much I've learned about myspending habits in the last 15 years. I dont' need anything except groceries and clothing to replace what gets worn out. I want new clothing, shoes, purses, makeup, etc. But really all I NEED to live is a roof over my head, bills paid, food to eat and clothes to wear so I don't get arrested for public nudity. EVERYTHING else falls into the want and not a necessity category.
    Besides, a clean house always does wonders for my mood and shopping doesn't. When I shop I see stuff I want and it causes me stress because I know I don't need it, shouldn't spend the money on it, etc. Besides, shopping for a lot of unnecessary stuff is what has gotten so many Americans and our economy in the situation it's in now.

I'm currently making use of the brand new state of the art fitness center at school. Just started, but I go 3 afternoons a week after class. It is a great stress reliever and it also energizes me to be able to put in even more time studying afterwards.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I guess I am a fan of those "just because" gifts to myself. I have worked hard and, dammit, I'm going to enjoy some of the fruits of my labor. I don't do it all of the time; I did learn to stay out of malls when I found myself shopping and returning stuff, a lot, many years ago. That was pointless. I taught myself to indulge my shop-itis in my birth month and that of my son's and, even then, it is relatively controled. I don't require a lot of expensive material stuff; I prefer stuff to entertain myself....like BOOKS!!! Ever since I divorced, I've had a fantastic credit rating, and THAT brings me pleasure and pride. My joys are pretty simplistic, thank goodness.

mrd, how are your glasses working out? Glad to hear you found the fitness center. It's amazing what places like that can do for your mental focus and well-being. It's all about finding the right fit for YOU!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FoRTer

Prhoshay - cheers to you and anyone else who has the patience to maintain success in the credit rating game. That's an accomplishment these days. The way lenders have come to rely so heavily on that whole system just bugs me to no end. Not sure how long this has been so, but if you go just over one year with no credit activity, your credit score will drop to zero, and your FICO will be so low that they can't even calculate it... crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3684336;
    gabriel! Where's your avatar?
    I'm trying to come up with something fresh....
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3684464;
    I'm trying to come up with something fresh....
    Well, you could at least give us some Dean Martin eye candy while you look.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3685101;
    Well, you could at least give us some Dean Martin eye candy while you look.
    Like this?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Mmmmmmm-hmmmmm.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Hate the glasses. I swear I see better with the drugstore readers. I am only wearing them to read. Hate them, cannot get used to them. Think my optometrist is a quack. AND she's on maternity leave so can't go back and have anything done, not that they act real concerned about doing anything anyway.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I lived for years in the wrong prescription, and didn't wear my glasses. They had me in a prescription for near-sightedness as opposed to something for a farsighted person. Getting the right Rx from a different doc made all of the difference in the world. Maybe while your optometrist is on maternity leave, there is a different doc with a different perspective in her place. All docs do not see things the same way....no pun intended. The doc that got me on the right track eventually took me to contact lenses.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3685766;
    Hate the glasses. I swear I see better with the drugstore readers. I am only wearing them to read. Hate them, cannot get used to them. Think my optometrist is a quack. AND she's on maternity leave so can't go back and have anything done, not that they act real concerned about doing anything anyway.
    So sad, MRD - my new progressive glasses have given me better reading ability than I have had for years! prhoshay may have the right idea in that you may need another opinion. The woman who fitted me for these glasses took lots of time checking and rechecking what would work for me. I am amazed at the small print I can now read. I wish for the same for you. Is it possible that the glasses were not made properly? An optometrist could measure the actual lenses to see how they came out. I have heard that mistakes could happen when the glasses are being made, so that could be a consideration as well.
    Last edited by Cootie; 09-01-2009 at 12:15 AM.

+ Reply to Thread