+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5671Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

When I'm upset, I usually clean because it is a form of therapy. Good for you Gut.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

The problem is, that's just one drop in a very big bucket. I have to find a way to stay motivated over the long haul. Maybe you all can nag me now and again.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

When I'm upset, I SHOP!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3683405;
    The problem is, that's just one drop in a very big bucket. I have to find a way to stay motivated over the long haul. Maybe you all can nag me now and again.
    Have you made a list of the tasks you want to accomplish, with their subtasks? If you haven't, give it a shot-- I find that I get a good feeling from crossing items off of lists. When I was in college, especially as the semester wore on, I'd take a piece of paper and write down, say, all of the upcoming assignments/papers I had in hand, but also any errands that I needed to run, jobs I needed to do, meetings I had, even if they were listed elsewhere as well, and then as I finished them, I'd cross them off the list. I'd add to it as I found new things to do, and I made a new list whenever a lot of the items near the top were crossed out.

I found that breaking bigger tasks into smaller ones made them more manageable, and that some of the quick but annoying tasks that I would avoid doing, got done a lot more quickly because I could then cross something off a long list without too much effort (i.e. taking my trash down to the trash room at school).

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3683476;
    When I'm upset, I SHOP!
    Oh, you and me both. They call it retail therapy for a reason. Other vices include: eating chocolate or other food vices, binge-watching episodes of girly/funny tv. Intense cleaning only happens when the apartment gets out of control messy and it's hard for me to want to be there. General upset? Bring on the baked goods.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3683476;
    When I'm upset, I SHOP!
    retail therapy makes me feel worse in the long run for spending money and buying stuff I don't really need. At least with the cleaning, I have a way to work out my stress on the house and have somthing to show for the hard work I put into it. A clean house always improves my mood. And shopping usually doesn't as I get really irritated with people in stores.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

OK, so if I can't shop to alleviate stress, a good exercise class is relaxing....so much more than cleaning! And I only buy things that I can definitely/probably will use! Plus, I don't "do" guilt!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Oh I don't know how I left that one out-- by the time I've run for 20-30 minutes, I'm too tired to care about what was bothering me. But I exercise regularly anyway, to take care of day to day frustrations, and I notice when I take time off.

I'm boring: when I'm stressed, I do curriculum development. I develop new lessons and make improvements on old ones. I get totally lost in it, and come away with a real feeling of accomplishment.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3684010;
    retail therapy makes me feel worse in the long run for spending money and buying stuff I don't really need. At least with the cleaning, I have a way to work out my stress on the house and have somthing to show for the hard work I put into it. A clean house always improves my mood. And shopping usually doesn't as I get really irritated with people in stores.
    Same here. My apartment really gets a DEEP cleaning on those occaisons.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

gabriel! Where's your avatar?
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread